Chapter 26: Getting better or worse?

2 weeks later. 

Tami P.O.V.

I woke up this morning depressed. I've been pretty happy the last two weeks. I started to talk to Terry more about my problems and how I feel and it felt good to let it all out. He even talked me into telling Kya and Bri. I decided to tell them because I felt like my friends should know what was going on with me. My thoughts weren't going too crazy because I had my friends to take my mind off of it. Everything was going so swell until this morning.

It was like a wave of sadness swept over me out of nowhere. I wasn't feeling that joy in my heart that I felt before. It was like I was back in square one. I just felt so unhappy and hopeless. I didn't even have the energy to get up, I just wanted to stay in bed all day and sulk in my depression but I knew I couldn't do that. I couldn't go back to my old habits.

I forced myself to get up and went to the bathroom and started brushing my teeth. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach and I quickly put up the toilet seat. I began vomiting into it. I was surprised by how much I threw up.

Lena came in and saw me on my knees vomiting in the toilet.

"Are you ok Tami?" She asked, with an overly concerned look on her face.

"Yes, I'm fine." I grabbed a towel and wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet.

Lena squinted her eyes at me. "You better not be pregnant."

I was taken aback by her comment. I knew I wasn't pregnant because Terry and I never had sex. "I'm not pregnant Lena."

She rolled her eyes. "You can never be too sure. I'm buying you a pregnancy test today."

I could feel my blood boil beneath my skin. How could she not believe me? She should know me better than that. "Lena, I don't need a pregnancy test. I'm still a virgin."

"As much times you've been hanging out with Terry, I doubt it."

I rolled my eyes and stormed out of the bathroom, bumping into Lena as I tried to get passed. She called my name but I ignored her. I slammed my door shut and crawled into bed. I was pissed at Lena. How could she say that type of shit to me? I've never given Lena a reason for her not to trust me.

She knocked on my door. "Go away." I screamed.

"Open up Tami. Let me talk to you please."

I sighed and opened the door.

"Lets go talk in my room." She said.

"No. We can talk in here."

We sat on my bed.

"Tami, I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it the way you took it."

I turned my face away and said ok. I didn't want to look at Lena.

"I'm going to tell you a story of me when I was around your age. I was just a year older." This caught my attention. I really wondered where this was about to go because Lena just doesn't seem the type to have any interesting stories about her teenage years.

"Well I had a boyfriend and his name was Carlos. He was my Latino prince." Her eyes brightened and a wide smile spread across her face as she talked about Carlos. I thought it was adorable how she talked about him like she was still in love.

"Ooohh your Latino prince huh?" I chuckled.

"Yes Tami. He was so sweet. He showered me with gifts, bought me to places I've never been, told me he loved me every chance he got. I was just so in love with him. He had the best personality. He was just so funny. I was surprised that Carlos would want a girl like me to be his girlfriend but he loved me just as much as I loved him."