Chapter 15: The Bet Is Not Off

Lucas P.O.V.

"The bet is off. I repeat the bet is off!" I screamed at Tyler as I sat right next to him on the bus.

"What do you mean the bet is off?" Tyler exclaimed. 

"Its off! She knows." I sighed. "She knows everything!" 

"Wait, calm down Lucas. Who's she? Brielle? How'd she find out?" 

"That fucking bitch named Tami." I muttered under my breath. That damn Tami ruined everything. I wish she would just mind her business and not listen to other's people's conversation. If she did, then I wouldn't be in this mess.

"How did Tami find out?" Tyler yelled. "Did you tell her?" 

"Hey, quiet down over there." Our bus driver told us. 

"Of course not, she overheard us talking and then she told Brielle all about it and yesterday she confronted me about it." 

"What you say?" Tyler said, eager to hear my response. 

I sighed and said, "I told her that Tami was lying and that she shouldn't believe that because she's a liar. Then I made up a whole story about how Tami tells me lies about her."

Tyler smiled. "You are very smart, you know that?"

I nodded. 

"So what happened after that?" 

"She started believing that Tami was the liar that I made her out to be. I was kind of surprised that Brielle believed me over her ex best friend but I mean whatever." 

Tyler sighed. "The bet is not off. If you could get Bri to believe that whole bullshit then you can get her to sleep with you in less than two weeks." 

I looked at Tyler like he was stupid. "But Tyler.."

"No buts. The bet is not off. I'm going to win that fifty dollars one way or another, best believe that." 

I sighed. How am I gonna get Brielle to sleep with me in less than two weeks?

Brielle P.O.V.

When I seen Tami walking through the hallways I realized that I had to confront her now. I couldn't wait till lunch. I just couldn't. I had to do it now.

Tami looked really pissed and looked like she had a rough night. Her eyes were really red. Her hair was a mess and her outfit looked like she didn't put too much thought into it which was quite surprising because Tami usually dresses really nicely for school. 

But I don't care if she had a rough night or if she's pissed, she's going to hear what I have to say whether she likes it or not. She'll learn not to spread any lies about me or anyone for that matter. 

"Tami." I said in an aggressive tone.

She looked over at me. 

"Can you come here?" 

She walked over to me and said, "What do you want?" 

"Lucas told me you were spreading lies about me. You told him that I sleep with a whole bunch of guys to erase the loneliness I feel. Really Tami?" I could feel myself getting angrier by the minute. It just really hurt me to know that Tami would say such a thing. "How could you say that about me Tami? I thought you knew me better." 

"And how could you believe I would say that about you to Lucas? I thought you knew me better." 

"I thought I did. But Lucas told me all those things you said about the bet were lies and I believe him."