That Horrible Night

Tami P.O.V.

"YOU STUPID ASS BITCH!" I heard my dad scream. Oh no! Why did my dad have to do this now? I had a friend over. I turned around and looked at my digital clock. It read 3:45. I heard my mother scream on top of her lungs. 

I quietly got out of my bed. When I was walking out of my bedroom, I made sure to walk on my tippy toes because I didn't want to make too much noise. I didn't want to wake up Kya, either. The last thing I needed was for my best friend to find out about my abusive father. 

I passed by the kitchen and went down the steps into the family room. I saw empty beer cans all over the table. This only means one thing. My dad got drunk.

"Tami!" My dad slurred in a sickening angry voice. 

My mom had tears streaming down her face. She looked over at me and said, "Baby please go back to bed. I don't want you to get in the middle of this." I went over to my mom and hugged her. I had to let her know I was there for her. 

My dad looked at me as if he wanted to strangle me for showing any sort of affection towards my mother. "What the hell are you doing Tami?" 

"Please stop dad. Stop hurting her. I promise she won't do whatever she did ever again. Just please don't hurt her." I pleaded. 

It was quiet for a moment. The only thing you could hear were my mom's sobs. 

"Chrissy, please tell your daughter what you did." My dad said, looking at my mother with piercing eyes that could've caused serious destruction. 

I looked up at my mom and noticed she had more tears falling down her face. "What did you do mom?"

"She cheated on me!" My dad said. 

"How could you do that mom? You knew he would get like this if he found out."

"I didn't cheat on you!" My mom said. She turned to face me. "Your father is just overreacting." 

"I know what I saw. I saw you flirting with David." David is my mom's boss.

"Mom, were you flirting with David?" I didn't believe anything my dad was saying but I had to make sure.

She looked guilty. "Yes." She said barely above a whisper. "But that's all we did." She added quickly. "I never kissed or had sex with him."

"How I can I believe you? YOU'RE SUCH A STUPID BITCH!" His fist collided across her face causing her to yell out in pain. 

Tears were forming into my eyes. I hate to watch my mom get abused by my father. But she did put herself in this predicament. Why did she have to go flirting with David and ruin everything? 

He was about to punch my mom again but I got in front of her. "Dad, please stop." 

"I'm sorry!" My mom sobbed. 

"Sorry doesn't fix anything!" My dad picked me up and moved me away from my mom and slapped her. My mom collapsed to her knees and started crying even more. 

I turned around and saw Kya sitting on the steps. She didn't see me looking at her though. I quickly turned my attention back to my parents. I hope Kya didn't tell anyone what she saw or was going to see because I couldn't even imagine how my dad would react if he knew that someone found out about his abusive ways. He would beat me so bad I wouldn't even be able to see the light of day. And I wasn't not over exaggerating either.

My dad was about to hit my mom again but I was quick to stop him. "Please don't hurt her again." I begged. 

My dad looked at me with bulging eyes and punched me right in the stomach. I felt a horrid pain shoot through my stomach. My eyes popped open as the tears I was holding back suddenly fell. I covered my stomach with both of my arms, trying to protect myself from any more damage. This always happened when I wanted to play the superhero and save my mom. He always ended up hitting me. If she didn't go flirting with David we wouldn't be in this mess.

My mom came over to me and said she was sorry. I didn't want to hear her apologies. Sorry doesn't fix anything and out of all people, she should know that. She tried wrapping her arms around me but I pushed her off.

"You guys are so pathetic." My dad said as he went up the stairs. When I was sure he was gone I left my mom alone and went up to my room. I got under the covers beside Kya. She looked like she was sound asleep but I knew she wasn't. I turned around and said, "Don't you dare tell anyone what you saw today. If you do, I promise I will never talk to you ever again!" 

She didn't move. She didn't respond. But I knew damn well she heard me.