Chapter 5: Interesting News

Kya P.O.V.

Saturday was finally here. I was tired of school. I was laying on my queen sized bed replaying everything that happened at our lunch table yesterday. I just hoped everybody forgot about the whole thing over the weekend so we could go back to the way we were but I knew that was not going to happen any time soon. I called Tami like ten times yesterday but she wouldn't pick up. She probably hates me right now. 

Just as I was about to get up, my mom came through my door yelling at me to get up. "Why aren't you up yet Kya?!? It is 12:00 in the afternoon!"

"I was just about to get up."

"That's always your excuse!"

"Its the weekend so why does it matter?"

"It matters because you live under my house so you listen to my rules."

"Ok mom, I'm getting up." 

"I need to talk to you in the living room after you are done fixing your bed." She left me alone with my thoughts. I wondered why she needed to talk to me. I didn't do anything wrong or at least I didn't think so.

I went into the living room where I found my mom with a frown on her face. 

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Sit down Kya." I sat down on one of our love seats.

"Kya I know what you did last week."

I trembled trying to think of what to say. "Wh- what are you talking about?" I always stuttered when I was nervous and my mom knew that.

"Why are you nervous? You have nothing to be afraid of if you didn't do anything wrong." She had a smirk on her face. I hate when she does that. It was like she loved to see me suffer.

"I know you brought Kevin over here and you know I don't like him." How did she know? Guilt was coursing through my veins.

"Mom, he really is a good guy. He's not as bad as you think." 

My mom had a look of disgust on her face. "I don't care if he's a good guy or a bad one. I told you not to bring that boy in my house and you disobeyed me." Her voice grew louder and louder after every word.

"Is it because of his tattoos and piercings? Is that why you think he's a bad person?" 

"Now you know that is not the reason." My mom said defensively.

"Then what is the reason you don't like him?" 

My mom was silent for a moment. 

"Exactly my point." I said, getting up.

"Where are you going? Were not done talking!" 

"We are now."

I went into my room and locked the door. I grabbed my cellphone to call the person she absolutely hated (Kevin). I wanted to make her mad. She had no right to judge Kevin without even getting to know him first. 

"Hey kevi-boo." That was the nickname I had for him. 

"Hey babe." 

"Are you doing anything right now?"

"Yeah, I'm really busy." 

"Doing what exactly?"

"Stuff. Don't worry about it." 

"Why are you getting smart with me?" I snapped.

"I'm not."

"You know that my mom found out you came over last week."