Chapter 14

The entire night Jane woke up from nightmares an unbearable pain erupting through her chest

The entire night Jane woke up from nightmares an unbearable pain erupting through her chest. She hadn't had these nightmares since the asylum, she thought they were gone completely. It wasn't Bella's screams that woke Charlie that night, instead they were Janes. At first he didn't move thinking it was Bella but hearing it was Jane he shot up from the couch. He ran up the stairs in a panic and opened the door going wide eyed as he saw a sweaty and pale Jane. She was gasping for air crying and hitting herself, at the sight of him her body still continued to shake lightly but her eyes looked darker then normal. "Jane are you okay? Are you feeling sick?" He asked worried making a bitter laugh come from her chest that came out a partial cry. "Sick? What's sick is men. I'm sick alright. I'm sick of men taking and taking what they want as if it's what they deserve." She mumbled lowly but he sighed.

"Boy trouble I take it?" He asked wondering what Paul could have possibly done to make Jane similar to Bella. A cruel laugh left her and her smile looked amused yet it looked forced. "Yeah let's call it that..... goodnight. I'm sorry I haven't had these nightmares since- well you know." She had figured he read the file but he hadn't with all the disappearing hikers. "Just try and sleep Jane. I'll go get you some water to cook you down." He said gruffly and went down to the kitchen. Jane sat there staring off and wondering why the nightmares, when her mind wandered to the gaping hole her best friend and his new cult buddies had caused. Charlie was soon back with the water and Jane thanked him sitting stiffly in the bed until he left. She laid down mumbling to herself to go to sleep but couldn't and began tossing and turning the rest of the night.

School was tough that day running on barely any sleep, it didn't help that Bella was bragging of going to see and talk to Jake. Jane didn't even acknowledge her cousin and simply walked through classes like a zombie. As she left the school heading to the bus which she planned to take rather then ride with Bella anymore she stopped. He was easy to spot in the parking lot people walking around him intimidated by him. The buses didn't come until 3:30 giving students time to leave so they didn't get stuck behind buses in case they had jobs. So Jane tried to duck down before he noticed her, of course it was futile his height being an advantage. He strutted towards her catching many female eyes and even teachers glared at him as he looked like a gang member.

Jane ignored the fact he was bee lining for her and stood by the bus stop waiting. He approached her trying to look into her eyes but she simply turned her head away from him. "Listen... what Jacob did wasn't cool okay? But he wants to apologize he was just having a rough day. Please talk to me. Why did you block my number?" Paul asked completely confused making her laugh coldly me look at him like he was nothing more then gum on her shoe. "Can't you read? I told you why. You and your little cult can fuck off, I am not some dumb bimbo who's going to fall for the same shit twice. I trusted two guys.... I knew men were pieces of shit and I let you two make me think for even a second that maybe all men weren't the same. I was wrong. You made me look like a fool, you knew Jake was avoiding me and becoming like your little group but didn't say anything about it. Do me a favor stay the fuck out of my life and I'll stay the hell out of yours." Jane spat walking up into the single bus for the few students that didn't have rides.