Chapter 5

Babydoll was in slight trouble with everyone from the underground after that stunt at the bonfire

Babydoll was in slight trouble with everyone from the underground after that stunt at the bonfire. Since then Jane has mostly been to the surface but was itching in nerves. Today was her first day of school since she was a kid, before the asylum she had been sent to. Bella wasn't gonna be much help, she was an empty shell nowadays not doing or saying anything.

Jane also felt a weird pulling in her stomach since being back and her thoughts were filled with Paul. She hated herself for thinking of that disgusting man, he was a masculine pig like most men she's met. But she did have a new found liking of Jacob for being there to help her if any men had tried to make a move. Don't get her wrong she didn't like the guy but he was a good ally to have on her team.

His friend Quill had made everyone in the underground uncomfortable which is why they were upset with baby doll. Hammerhead really wanted to come out whenever he looked or said anything flirtatious, wanting to shut him up with a punch to the mouth. Embry was shy and quiet which made him tolerable as well to her but she didn't trust these men. She still barely trusted her uncle due to her deep seeded ....issues.

———————————————

Bella drove them to school in dead silence. No music on the radio, and no talking making Jane both uncomfortable and relieved. She didn't really know what to say or what to do, hoping her cousin would move on by herself or someone else's help. But really no music?

Pulling into the parking lot all eyes were already looking at the two girls as they got out and walked inside. People watching Bella to see how she was after the breakup and being lost in the woods. As for Jane she was a new face that peaked everyone's interest. The male population watched her with approval and lust, the woman jealous and annoyed. But Jane just ignored them all and went to find the office since Bella just emotionless walked to class.

Jane felt like she was gonna be behind everyone else in the class not being in school for so long. She was trying to find her way to the office when a bright flash was suddenly in her face making her back up and blink vigorously. "Hi the names Erik you must be Bella's cousin? Kay Challis right?" He asked enthusiastically. "Actually I go by Jane...Swan  now, and yeah where's the office?" She asked both annoyed and bored.

He looked taken back by her bluntness probably expecting her to be shy like Bella. "Wow I'm yeah it's right this way. That photo can be deleted by the way if you don't want to be the feature too by the way." He said uneasily leading me to the office that was right down the hall. "I could honestly give less of a fuck. Use it how you please but if I see any porn like edits of me then you better watch out." Jane shrugged as if it was basic thoughts but Erik looked blown away by her statement.

"I'm the office is right here..... would you want me to show you to your class or....?" He really didn't know what to make of Jane. Jane nodded knowing she'd either run into some asshat offering to help and being a dick the whole time or get lost. Plus it'd probably be better to go with the nicer guy although she wouldn't trust him like she doesn't most men. He almost looked intimidated by her which brought a smirk to her face.