Chapter 9

Jane really didn't want to have to wait for Charlie to come pick her up

Jane really didn't want to have to wait for Charlie to come pick her up. She didn't like being around the cult or Embry who ditched Jake and Quil. So? She sat with her arms crossed and staring down at the table as Emily baked. The boys had to run off somewhere but it would only be a matter of time before they came back. "So Jane how has Forks been treating you?" Emily asked in hopes of having the girl talk or even open up, she seemed tense.

"It's okay I suppose...... a bit boring." She muttered making Emily laugh and shake her head. If only Jane knew the secret she wouldn't find this town so boring. "Yeah well we do have a beach and a cliff to jump from but I guess that's about it unless you go to Port Angela's." Emily seemed to say with an unbreakable smile that Jane couldn't understand. "So why'd you move here? If you don't mind me asking?" Emily asked clearly trying to make Jane release more information in her self then she liked.

"Charlie and Bella are the only family I have left." Jane said without looking at a confused Emily. "Well what about your mom?" Emily asked wondering why the girl was so shielded. Jane looked uneasy but answered in a mumble, "She died when I was young." Emily thought she was getting through to the girl so of course she didn't notice the shift coming. "Well what about your dad?" She asked excited to tell the boys she'd learned more about Jane then they had the whole time knowing her but her smile fell as Jane changed.

There in all her glory was Hammerhead, her under eyes dark with eye liner and she looked pissed. "What is this? Fucking 21 questions or something? Let's just say that bastard got what he deserved....... douchbags probably rotting in hell as we speak." Hammerhead spat in disgust and hatred. Emily slowly nodded realizing Janes father must be a touchy subject for her and all her personalities. She had a hint that he must have been abusive or worse when she had been a child. She hoped it wasn't what she thought it was.

"Hi I'm Emily and who are you?" She asked the personality nicely having never met anyone besides Jane. She was actually excited for the interaction but a bit nervous of how aggressive this person was. "Hammerhead." Is all she said as she leaned back putting her feet on the table. Emily's nose scrunched up but she didn't say anything sending that Hammerhead wasn't someone who took authority well.

Suddenly a bunch of hoots and hollers came from the driveway making Hammerhead fake gag. Emily actually chuckled at the girls action but smiled brightly as Sam walked in. He looked to Emily then to the feet on the table with a quirked eyebrow but she simply shook her head. Soon the rest of the boys piled in all eyes on Hammerhead as she looked at her nail polish. Embry walked in and instantly recognized hammerhead. "Hammerhead good to see you again." Embry said with a smile that quickly disappeared as a heated glare came from Paul.

"I wish I could say the same thing Embryo." She taunted messing up his name making everyone laugh at his expense. "Hello hammerhead." Paul greeted with a warm smile. She simply turned to him since he was sitting beside her with pursed lips. She gave a nod before looking at all the men who were shirtless making her feel ready to be sick. "Something wrong?" Jared laughed as Hammerhead looked at them all in disgust. "Don't any of you own shirts? Like seriously toxic masculinity much?" She asked with a scoff.