Chapter 1

Jane sat in her uncle's police car reliving her newest trauma of the hospital

Jane sat in her uncle's police car reliving her newest trauma of the hospital. They injected her with things there, beat her, and a nurse and doctor there seemed to have it out for her. Maybe because she loved to escape ruining their perfect hospital record of no escapes. It wasn't Her. It was Flit, he would teleport out of there......but they always brought Jane back.

Hammerhead stayed close to the surface the entire car ride, because of Janes nerves, but also the fact her uncle was a cop. But Charlie knew what he was getting himself into, Janes tapes and files were in the trunk. Charlie was her mother's brother, so he had no idea where the root of her trauma came from........... daddy.

"So Jane? Hungry or thirsty we could stop?" Charlie asked trying to get her to open up. "No thank you......I'm just looking forward to being .....home I guess." She didn't know what to call it, Jane was used to anything but a house being her home. She's lived in a hospital since she could remember. Because she's crazy Jane.

"Alright we should be there in five hours, I'm sorry about your father by the way. I know you lost him pretty young right before the hospital." Jane was tense at the mention of her father. She never let her past slip in the hospital, so no one knew what trauma caused her personalities to come forward. But Charlie being a cop saw her tense and was already suspicious, but he shook it off as nothing.

"Yeah it was hard, to be honest I didn't even know you were a thing until a week ago." Jane said calmer then she felt Hammerhead was pounding her chest ready to go toe to toe with Charlie. Hammerhead hated authority but also just men in general. Poor Charlie tried to hug Jane in the parking lot out of the nurses and doctors nosey views. Hammerhead came through at the mere touch of his hand and started screaming, "DONT FUCKING TOUCH ME!" Before pushing him back roughly.

"Well you know now, and you also have Bella. We won't let anything happen to you, and we will make up for all those years." Charlie said gruffly. He was surprised his brother in law hadn't told Jane of what family she had leftover. But he put it on it being Kay who didn't remember.

There was a time when the body only belonged to Kay Challis

There was a time when the body only belonged to Kay Challis. She was so young when he lost saw her, it was at her mother's funeral. She was so small and innocent, loved the color pink. But now Charlie saw a girl who was a stranger, wearing leather and dark eye liner. Soft rock music playing over the radio station that Hammerhead put on after getting in pissed off was the only noise. He still needed to go through her files to know how to keep Jane more present then the others.

——————————————-

When the house came into view Jane was excited to say the least. Nothing against Charlie but being cramped inside the car with him was making her anxious. It wasn't anything personal just men in general. He helped grab one of her two bags, she didn't have much, which upset him but he didn't show it to her. He felt guilty for not knowing how she had been or where she was.

"So this will be your room, Sue Clearwater helped pick out the colors and decorations. So we can change it if it's not what you want" Charlie said awkwardness radiating off him. The walls were painted a light green and the bedding was pure black. It was simple but Jane likes it. "No this is great...thanks Charlie" Jane said with a small smile.

He gave a brief nod before looking anywhere else, "Bella should be back soon. Her boyfriend and his family are throwing her a small party at their home" he said it almost monotonous making Jane sad. She ditched her family on her birthday? And Charlie didn't seem fond of her boyfriend either.

"Well I can't wait to see her, I feel like this is the start of a new long life, which sounds weird coming from doom and gloom me. But I really am grateful for you opening your home up for me and everyone else." She smiled lightly. Charlie noticed she was identical to her mother, it made him soften up even more. He left with a nod before rushing to put the game on tv after ordering pizza.

Jane sat in her room thankful to be out of that horrible and cold hospital. Hammerhead scoffed on the surface still but not as strong. "So now what? We go to school, make friends, and live happily ever after?" She asked sarcastically while rolling eyes.

"I don't know if we will ever truly be happy, but we owe it to ourselves to try. " she said in a hopeful tone.

Everyone in the underground was shocked. This memory would be hidden deep inside the darkness of the underground. For hope was not something any of them considered good, nor have they seen in a long time from anyone especially Jane.