Chapter 28

As the days counted down things seemed to get more tense

As the days counted down things seemed to get more tense. Jane wouldn't admit it but she was absolutely terrified knowing an entire army of newborns would be there in only two days. She kept switching personalities left and right as her anxiety rises making Paul and the others worry.

Bella didn't care, she just spent time with Edward.

Jane spent a lot of her time with Charlie, if she wasn't with Paul she'd be watching a movie or going out to eat with the man. Charlie loved spending so much time with her, it was the type of bond he wanted with Bella when she moved back. But she was never even around....

"Why the hell are we spending all this time with that man..... your putting us at risk with all these men have you forgotten what they've done to us?" Hammerhead seethed bitterly as Jane rolls her eyes at the bald woman.

"I haven't forgotten- but Charlies different." Jane says while continuing to walk around the underground as Charlie and Baby doll eat pancakes.

Hammerhead scoffs and steps in janes path while crossing her arms. "It seems their all different lately..... you need to get your shit together Jane. Your primary. It's your job to keep us all safe." Hammerhead says before bumping shoulders with Jane who whips around flipping her off before walking away with a scowl.

The others believed Jane was weak..... Jane tried to ignore their words but it made her feel a weird pain in her chest.

All of a sudden Janes back on the train to the surface staring at her sneakers. Driver 8 smiles kindly as Jane stares off in thought wondering if she really was opening herself up to something. The others would never be able to handle another betrayal or trauma on the body.

Jane opens her eyes to herself sitting in the living room and the shower running upstairs as Charlie gets ready for work.

This would be Janes last time seeing him before the war. Her and Bella were camping out the night before on the mountain and tonight... Jane told Charlie she was staying with Emily.

It was a lie.

Jane was actually staying with Paul at an unknown location provided by Alice that she said was a surprise for Jane and Paul. It made Jane weary but Emmett assured her it wasn't anything bad.

The sound of Charlie coming down the stairs pulls Jane to get out of her head and look to Charlie.

"So Emily's house right? L-look. I trust you okay- but I think we uh have to talk about uh..... ya know the birds and bees of things." Charlie says a stuttering mess making Jane look absolutely mortified. "That is not happening Charlie it's just a girls weekend." Jane says look away not wanting to meet his gaze but he didn't look at her as he too stared awkwardly at a wall.

"I know just- be safe okay when that time comes." He says softly finally looking at her as Jane wears a soft sad smile.

"I will. But I don't think I'm quite ready for anything like that." Jane says sadly making him nod slowly mumbling more awkward news and birds talk before he goes to leave.