Chapter 25

⚠️⚠️TW MENTIONS OF DRUG USE AND PAST SUICIDAL THOUGHTS CAUSED BY THE CONFUSION OF DID! ⚠️⚠️

That same night Paul Lahote never came back, he couldn't manage to calm himself enough to change back after Jacob shared the news

That same night Paul Lahote never came back, he couldn't manage to calm himself enough to change back after Jacob shared the news. He instead came the next morning deciding he needed to change back no matter how angry he was to protect Jane. As he walked through the woods to her house in the pouring rain he stopped and stared at Jane who stood outside painting. The rain smudging the canvas as she cried, the painting was of a vampire biting a girls neck, the red from the vampires hair dripping down the painting like blood.

"Jane- what are you doing out here? Your going to get sick." He says in a panic not even noticing at first it wasn't Jane until he looked into her eyes. "My painting....... It's ruined." She sobbed as he looked at her funny before looking at the painting his jaw tensing. There on the canvas was Jane being bitten on the neck by Victoria, he knew this had to be the persona of the hangman's daughter. She was a personality that was good at art and  was showing him a future he didn't want to believe. "Come on. Let's get you inside." Paul seethes shaking from his anger as he guides the sobbing girl into the house leaving her painting to ruin more.

As he gets the girl inside she soon becomes Jane once more as he paces her living room unsure what to even say. "You know about the army right? Did Bella and her leech tell you about it?" He asks annoyed since he had specifically told Jacob to text Bella how he wanted to be the one to break the news to Jane. He knew her cousin would be insensitive and Edward...... he'd just make Jane get pissed off.

"The hangman's daughter had a vision right after you left last night. She has been painting since then, she hasn't let the body sleep." Jane explains making him furrow his eyebrows that Jane hadn't slept even a wink. He also was slightly impressed that another of janes personalities had a another type of power he'd never known about. "There's so many different outcomes possible..... she's painted everyone she's seen." Jane says leaving out the detail that most of them insinuated someone was going to die.

And it was between her and Bella.

"None of those are going to happen. I am going to protect you. No matter what. Jane I will give my life if that's what it takes, I'm going to make sure you get the chance to live a long happy life." Paul says matter of factly but- Jane looks upset by it. "No. Your going to be by my side forever, I can't be with anyone else, I can't be happy without you. We are going to be in this together, besides I doubt the others would let anything happen to the body. You haven't met them all." Jane says thinking of Katy burning the creatures, Karen using her ability to make anyone do what she wanted, Lucy fugue's electricity knocking them on their asses, and of course the one he did know Hammerhead, she'd beat the shit out of some corpses.

The two go up stairs and curl up on Janes bed where her head rests on his chest and he plays with her hair. It's comforting but his eyes would drift here and there to the paintings that her personality had made and he'd let a low warning growl slip unintentionally. She'd give him a hefty smack in the stomach to knock it off.