Chapter 6

Quil went home a little after Jane got there, probably due to her turning into hammerhead when he began to be flirtatious towards her

Quil went home a little after Jane got there, probably due to her turning into hammerhead when he began to be flirtatious towards her. She may or may not have threatened to turn his eyes inside out to see how his brain should process being shot down. Jacob laughed quietly not wanting to face hammerheads wraith, and weirdly Paul was heard laughing loudly in that moment in the dining room.

Jane pushed it off as weird timing as she had Jacob basically doing her homework for her at this point and was trying to focus. "Jane can I ask you a question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." He said seriously making Janes small smirk fall and look at him dead in the eyes knowing what was coming.

It's all anyone wanted to know. Why was she like this? What caused it or was it always like this?

"Why do you...?" He trailed off unsure how to ask in a way that wouldn't upset her. He thought maybe he was gaining her trust enough to ask, Charlie said he hadn't been able to get it out of anyone or even her. But Jacob was beginning to think of them as friends after these few days. Jane looked away and to the homework in thought, she had never wanted to tell anyone before until now. No one knew about her dark secret besides her and her 60+ personalities.

"Um....... I-I-I- went through something as a kid......... someone I trusted ........ they um......... r- raped me.........and then after that....... I went to a local church to seek help and........ the priest um ........" Jane looked down at her hands as if she were in pain and Jacob could tell she was. He could also see the tears in her eyes threatening to fall but not due to her stubbornness. He was about to hug her but refrained in fear of setting off her or the others. "I'm sorry that happened to you Jane........ if I ever get the chance I'll ...." Jacob was slightly shaking now but easily came back and closed his eyes hard and breathed slowly.

"It's fine , it was a long time ago anyway" Jane said shrugging like it was nothing but Jacob could read her easily. "Who was it? The person you trusted?" He asked but regretted it when she started crying. Like full on sobbing and hitting herself on the legs. Suddenly Jane wasn't Jane anymore, there sat Penny Farthing who looked terrified and began looking apologetic. "I-I- a-am s-s-so sorry sir..... Jane needed to s-step a-away for a minute. I-I-I'm Penny Farthing." She stuttered not making eye contact as she looked around in fear of her new surroundings.

"Would you like some water or something to drink?" Jacob asked making Penny nod smally before following him timidly into the dining room towards the kitchen when Charlie stopped them. "Hey guys how's the homework going?" Charlie asked with a big smile on his face until he noticed Jane had been crying. "Charlie and everyone meet Penny Farthing" Jacob said with a grim smile. Penny kept her eyes glued to the floor with a timidly small wave of the hand. "H-hello" she spoke with a slight British accent. "What happened to Jane?" Charlie asked concerned at the tears that were faint now. "I-o-o u-u-um Jane h-h-has been r-r-relieved for th-the m-moment." She stuttered with eyes still glued to the floor and a terrified expression.

"We were just gonna grab a drink and get back to homework" Jacob explained making a shrugging motion behind her. He wouldn't tell anyone what Jane had said. It was her secret to tell, although now he could connect the dots on her personality.

Charlie made a motion for him to come in closer so Penny wouldn't hear. "What's got her all sad?" He seemed angry knowing Jacob was the only one with her to know. "With all due respect she wants to keep it secret but.... she told me why she's-" indicating her difference from being normal making Charlie go wide eyed in curiosity but nod. He was proud that Jane opened up and was curious of what caused this but stayed silent not wanting to push.

Paul looked pissed at Jacob but concerned for Jane. He had stopped eavesdropping after the accidental laugh. He had heard Hammerhead bullying Quil in the other room and everyone at the table stared at him funny but soon the pack understood. And Billy who gave a knowing nod and small hidden smile as Charlie looked concerned about the random outburst.

"So Penny what would you like?" Jacob asked leading her into the kitchen and Penny stayed frozen feeling someone watching her back as they stood by the fridge. Penny knew it was Paul based off what the others had told her of him. She felt so small under his gaze, and took the tiniest of glances catching his eye and he went into shock like when he first met Jane, Hammerhead, and babydoll. She quickly looked away and pointed to a bottled water. Jacob not noticing the interaction grabbed it for her and smiled back happily as he gave it to her.

Paul could be heard huffing quietly to himself as he glared down Jacob. A loud thud happened making Penny gasp and jump away from all the men. Jared had stomped on Paul's foot and everyone at the table laughed awkwardly as Penny stared at them all wide eyed. Soon however Jane came back right on time to brush it off as she made her way back to the living room. She sat on the couch tense but still a little more lively then Penny. Jacob could almost tell when Jane was Jane.

"I'm sorry about before I shouldn't have pushed

"I'm sorry about before I shouldn't have pushed." Jacob said guilty about before. "Whatever, what's the name of the tenth president." Jane said in a monotone voice making Jacob sigh as he plopped down beside her and continued to help the disturbed girl with her homework.

The wolf in the next room listened intently now. Waiting for a slip of sorts. He hated that Jane had told him about her past it meant they were getting close. He too was curious but only heard Jacob tell Charlie that she had confided in him. Hell he wouldn't even tell Charlie what her secret passed was, which was kind but made Paul jealous. The fact she could have that with someone besides him.

He also imprinted on Penny but as a friend just like the others besides Jane. He began to wonder if he was gonna imprint on every personality in Janes head and body.