~Chapter 39

When the four of us arrive, the first thing I notice is Erick's tie matches my dress.

For some reason, Kyle decided to wear a blue tie even though I warned him to wear a purple one.

When my eyes land on Darcy, I notice that her dress is the same shade as Kyle's.

What in the world?

Just as I'm about to point this out to Jas, she pulls me to the dance floor with Kyle and Jake.

"You guys want to dance so soon?" I ask, with a chuckle.

Erick and Darcy join us.

"Hey guys." Darcy greets.

Everyone greets her except me.

I suppress the urge to roll my eyes.

Erick glares at Kyle when he outs his arm around my waist.

I give him a confused look and he just winks at me cheekily.

I roll my eyes but when I notice Erick's threatening glare, I smile.

"Let's dance." I say cheerfully.

Soon enough, a new song plays and all the couples dance.

Kyle and I, Jas and Jake, Nai and Ty, Ann and Marcus, Erick and Darcy.

Darcy puts her hand on Erick's shoulder and I glare at her, but before I can tell her to knock it off, Kyle puts his hand on my waist as if to say, 'Remember the plan.'

I sigh and turn my head to Kyle.

"Is it working?" I whisper, as we sway our bodies to the music.

He looks over my shoulder and grins.

"He's looking at you." He says.

"Good. And stop pulling me so close to you. I may like him, but that doesn't mean I like you. I only agreed to this to get back at our dear friend." I say through gritted teeth.

He chuckles and moves his body further away, creating a little more distance between us.

"I can't believe he asked that Darcy to be his date." I mutter spitefully.

"Jealous now, are we?" He teases.

I step on his foot.

"I'm tired of this. He's been staring at me for half an hour now but refuses to talk! I'm not going to back down first." I say arrogantly.

Kyle rolls his eyes.

"What do you want me to do? I've been doing everything you asked me to. It's working for me. Gemma, finally dumped her stupid date." He says.

"I don't care." I say.

"You're being very . I'm out of here." He says, irritated.

We stop dancing and he walks away, probably to Gemma.

Fed up of Erick's glares and stares, I decide to calm down and take a bathroom break.

When I open the door and walk in, I hear sniffling.

Then, it gets louder, and the sniffling becomes crying.

"I don't get it. I thought he liked me." A voice says, thick with emotion.

My blood freezes.

I recognize that voice.

I'd recognize it anywhere.