~Chapter 49

"Hey," I say, a sly grin spreading on my face.

"Hey," Erick says, kissing my lips and wrapping his arms around me in a warm hug.

It was then that I realize just how much I missed hearing his voice.

"I've missed you," I say. "You gave us all a heart attack when we saw you in the hospital. Don't ever scare me like that."

He presses his forehead against mine and I melt just by staring into his hypnotizing green eyes.

"I'll try not to." He whispers.

I smile, happy to have my Erick back. It's been two weeks since he got out of the hospital and I threw him a 'Welcome back' party with my friends' help.

"You don't have any plans for this weekend, do you?" He asks, taking my hand in his.

"Maybe. Why?" I ask, playfully narrowing my eyes at him in suspicion.

"It's a surprise." Is all he says.

"A date?" I ask.

"I'd like to think so, yeah. I mean, we've been dating for nearly a month now and we still haven't gone on a date yet." He says, shrugging his shoulders and trying to sound nonchalant.

With him in the hospital, we spent a lot of time apart, and I can tell it bothers him.

We've been going out for a month now, but he was unconscious and lying in the hospital for most of it.

"Where are we going?" I ask, suppressing a smile.

"It's a surprise." He says again.

I huff, but to be honest, I couldn't care less.

For one, I love spending time with Erick, and getting surprises from Erick sounds exciting and thrilling in a way. He always has an adventure planned and that's why I love him.

I love him.

There's no point denying it anymore. My stomach flutters when we touch, my heart skips a beat when I see him, when we kiss, I forget who I am, and I no longer doubt whether I'm in love with him or not. It's as clear as day.

I haven't gotten the chance to say the words out loud now, all though I really want to.

I'm eager to know whether he feels the same way.

I know he likes me a lot, but is it strong enough to call love? Every time I see him, the words just die out on my tongue. I don't know why.

I want to tell him. I really do.

Maybe I just need to find the right time to say it.

***

"Why aren't you driving?" I ask, confused.

Erick sighs.

"When Mom saw me awake, she hugged me and cried, and then when she calmed down, she whooped my ass. She scolded me and may have banned me from driving for a month." He says sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "The accident wasn't even my fault!! She's getting a lawyer to sue the reckless driver, which means she knows it wasn't my fault." He says, sounding agitated.

"E, you know she's only looking out for you. Look on the bright side, at least you're alive and going on this date with me. It could've been worse. Your mom is just happy to see you alive." I say, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck.

The gesture seems to calm him down.

I love that I have that effect on him.