8. cute girl

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

"Can you guys please stop?!" I shouted at the top of my lungs entering the house as the two elderly parent froze hearing me. I breathed heavily feeling myself tear up. "How dare you raise your voice in front of me?!" My father shouted at me making me flinch as my brother ran upstairs getting scared. I trembled in front of the big man but stared back at his fierce eyes. "Stop shouting at mom." I said out getting all my courage. "Aera please stop dear." My mom cried out from behind as it got difficult for me to breathe since I was very scared.

"How dare you talk back to me?!" My furious dad raised his hand about to hit as my mom quickly held onto it. "Please stop. Aera just go to your room right now." My mother begged me as I felt a drop of tear slip down my eyes. I took big steps and ran upstairs as the male voice screamed at me. Shutting the door hardly, I breathed heavily wiping my tears and fell on the floor. I wasn't going to cry and just tightly closed my eyes focusing on my breathe.

Calming down I immediately took a shower and came out. Wiping my hair, I thought nervously about what Jake and Sunghoon must have been thinking about me. I saw the notifications on my phone as I checked it out.

Unknown number :
Hi it's Jake.
You good?

I sighed thinking how weird it must have been for them. I groaned mentally cursing myself for existing. It's going to be so awkward for me. I decided to not answer and just went to sleep after that.

-

I walked towards the school as I felt someone running behind me. "Aera wait!" Sunghoon shouted as I looked back at him stopping. "Sunghoon?" He ran up to me panting and stopped for breathing as I stared at him. "You leave so early." He said out in the middle of panting as I cluelessly watched him. "Yeah why?" He just shook his head finally having a stable breathe and looked at me. "Nothing. Let's go." He said out walking past me as I followed him not saying anything.

"Uhh about yesterday." I started talking first getting his attention but I got cut off immediately. "Hi y'all!" I looked up to see Jake waving at us in front of the school as the girls stared at him from the back. "Let's go." Sunghoon said grabbing my hand and quickened his steps towards his friends. "Wow you're early Hoon." Jake laughed out as Sunghoon nodded. "Yup I wanted to walk with Aera today but she comes so early gosh." He said out as I stared at him for a while.

-

It was a rare occasion to see both Jake and Sunghoon attend classes. The two guys sat in front of me not talking at all as the others stared at him. "You came to school with them?" Jay asked me as I nodded. He was shocked for a hot minute before I shrugged it off and got back to studying. "We're going to have a duo presentation by the end of this week. The teams have been stated in this paper." The teacher said as she distributed the papers while I curiously looked at it.

Jake's POV

I disappointedly sighed having been partnered by someone I didn't know. I really wanted to get partnered with Hoon or atleast Aera. Looking by my side I saw my best friend smile as the paper said that he was partnered with Aera. Feeling a bit uneasy I looked at Aera who gave a thumbs up to Hoon before they both smiled.

The class ended as I packed my things while Hoon approached Aera. "Hey partner." He said out as Aera replied back. I didn't pay much attention rather went to talk with my partner as they both talked about their presentation.

"Let's meet up tomorrow then." Aera said as Sunghoon agreed. I walked over to the both of them as they noticed me. "I wanted to be partnered with either one of you." I pouted as Sunghoon scoffed annoying me.

-

Aera's POV

It was Sunday so I got all ready for our meet up at the cafe for the presentation. I was thinking of getting done with more than half of the work today since procrastinating with work wasn't something I liked much. Grabbing the papers and my laptop, I walked to the cafe and entered feeling the cool air.

"Jake?" I questioned seeing the soccer guy as he was surprised himself. "Aera?" He walked over to me wearing his apron as I was still in confusion. "I thought you had work with Sunghoon?" He asked as I nodded. "I do. You work here?" He nodded replying to me. "Ohh." And then I just stared at him for a while. He was very good looking damn. "Your order?" He asked again breaking my thoughts as I quickly ordered my coffee and grabbed an empty table.

I started working on small parts because I wanted to start after Sunghoon came but seemed like the guy was late already. "Your coffee." I sighed in frustration about to take a sip of the burning hot drink but the worker immediately stopped me. "Aera no it's still hot." He said out as I realised it. He went back to work as I waited.

Jake's POV

It was about one and a half hours since the girl had been waiting for Sunghoon. The sun had already set as I was almost done with my work. Changing to my usual clothes, I got out of the staff room and approached the girl who had her head kept down. "He probably is busy." I said out sitting in front of her as she looked at me with her tired yet angry eyes. "He could atleast inform me?" She said out as I smiled not replying for a while. She slammed her books shut gathering up her stuffs as I stared at her do all this. But the girl gave up sitting back in exhaustion with her head down.

"Won't you go home?" I asked Aera again as she shook her head making me chuckle at her being adorable. "Go home. He might have gotten caught on something." But she just slammed her fist on the table breathing heavily. "I'll kill him." Aera said out as I tried holding in my laugh. "Yes kill him." The girl whined as I chuckled. "Stop. Jake you're annoying me." She hit the table with her head staying in that position for a while.

"Aera." I called out her name again but she just shook her head not replying. "Aeraaa" I called out to her again with an annoying tone but she just covered her ears with her hands making me let out a soft chuckle.

"Hey cute girl."

Aera sat up straight staring at me in annoyance. "Why do you call me cute girl?" She asked me as I tilted my head raising one of my eyebrows. Isn't it obvious? "Because you're cute?" She gave no reaction as if she was done with every single human being at the moment. "Just go Jake." She blankly said as I pouted. "But I am trying to make you feel better." I immediately regretted trying to act cute and held in my laugh while Aera did the same thing.

"You're cute." She said out chuckling. "You're pretty." I immediately replied to her without even thinking of what I was going to say. The girl froze while I mentally regretted being so straightforward but after a moment of silence we both burst into laughter as I was finally successful in making her laugh.

| | • • • • • | |

Fun fact : Aera's character is highly inspired by my own life except I don't get gorgeous looking people wanting to be friends with me 乁 ˘ o ˘ ㄏ