27. skating rink

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

It had been almost two weeks since the night I spent with Jake at his grandma's house. I haven't been in touch with any of my friends since school had been pressurising us with countless assignments and tests every now and then. And in the midst of those I never got the chance to catch up with the guys. We occasionally met during lunch breaks but we just spent it studying. It was our last year in high school, meaning we'd soon have to apply for scholarships in colleges and I was all ready for it.

It was early October and the weather had started to get chilly already. And I liked it. It gave signs for a white winter. Winters were my favourite even though I usually spent it all alone under my covers. Well for now, I was currently doing my 3D trigonometry assignments that had to be submitted soon. It was almost early midnight as I scribbled with numbers on my copy yawning every now and then.

It seemed like there was a small ruckus going on downstairs so putting on my soft flipflops, I walked down the stairs to hear my mom in a call. "Don't worry. Just come here." She cut the call as I saw a sleepy Aheon on the couch. "Why aren't you guys sleepy?" Asking the two, I grabbed my mother's reaction as she looked at me a bit worriedly. "There was a gas leakage at one of my colleague's home and their electricity went away at the exact time." I pouted founding the situation to be very scary indeed.

"They live close by. I told them to come over and stay here for tonight." My eyes widened hearing the older woman. Letting someone stay at our house was equally dangerous since my family wasn't the calm type to be. "But dad-" the lady cut me off coming closer. "Your father isn't coming over tonight. He went to a business trip and won't be home for two days." Oh then I didn't really see any issue with them coming over. Instead the house would be filled after a long time. "Can you please go through the guest room for once dear? They must be here." I nodded as Aheon decided to tag along with me.

After a while, the door to my house opened as the silence was broken by the sound of an elderly woman. "We're so sorry for coming here this late at night. It was dangerous to stay at our house so-" but my mom stopped her and welcomed them. I looked at my sleepy brother ruffling his hair before smiling at him softly. "Let's go." He nodded as the two of us walked out only to receive another surprise. "Yeji! Sunghoon hyung!" Aheon whispered screamed running towards Sunghoon as he saw his young friend sleeping as Sunghoon carried her on his back.

I looked at him in shocked eyes but he didn't seem shocked at all. He knew it was my house after all. "Hey Aera." The parents noticed us kids know each other as they nodded. "You know each other?" I nodded as Sunghoon put his sister on the couch while Aheon poked Yeji's cheeks to wake her up. "He's my friend." My mother gave a smile as we got back to doing what we were doing at first.

"Aera please bring three blankets from upstairs!" My mom shouted from downstairs as I quickly went to the storage room to grab the blankets and pillows. Grabbing three big blankets, I could barely make it downstairs with tripping over them. "Careful." Sunghoon slightly held my waist giving me control as I felt the shivers run down my body feeling his touch. Freezing for a minute, I heard the guy chuckle as he grabbed two of the blankets. "You got flustered by just that?" He whispered walking downstairs leaving me embarrassed. Gosh Park Sunghoon.