1. new start

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Choi Aera's POV

I put all the books inside my backpack getting ready for the new day tomorrow. Which could also be known as my first day at school for the first time. Weird right? Well I have been homeschooled for more than half of my life if I remember so it was my first day at an actual school tomorrow. Was I excited? Well who wouldn't be excited? I didn't hate school. I couldn't hate it. It was the time of the day I could escape things. So I was looking forward to tomorrow.

The strong wind made my window violently hit the walls of my room as I went forward to close the windows. I stared out to see how strong it was raining. I didn't like rain much. It was depressing. And I was feeling that right now. It kept thundering and the storm wasn't looking like it'd stop any soon. I just sat in front of my study area and stared at the heavy rain outside.

I wasn't scared of thunders. I was used to hearing loud noises. Right when I thought of this, I started hearing screams from downstairs again. They are fighting again. That's what scared me the most in my childhood. But now it's just another hobby. I sighed doodling on my book as I heard both my parents scream their lungs out at each other.

The door to my room slightly opened as I looked behind to see my 11 year old brother holding his soft toy. "Scared?" I asked with a soft smile as he nodded and ran over to me. I held onto his hands walking to my bed hoping to help him fall asleep. It was sad to see my younger brother go through the same thing I went through as a kid. Patting him slightly I noticed the younger Choi fall deep in sleep as a smile appeared on my face.

-

Waking up to my horrifying alarm ringing by my ears and my brother sobbing by my side, I panicked breaking the clock yet once again and tried calming my brother down who got scared by the sudden alarm at 5 in the morning. Making him go back to sleep, I sighed in relief and finally got up properly. 5:30 in the morning. I tiptoed to my window and smiled seeing the weather. It wasn't raining but it was cold and cloudy. The weather I adored the most.

Getting a shower, I quickly put on my school uniform and did my hair neatly. I didn't exactly know how neat the students had to be but I tried my best. Grabbing my backpack, I walked downstairs to see daylight and my mom as well. She smiled at me presenting the plate of breakfast as I went up to her hugging her softly. She indeed was the best. Dealing with my dad was hard.

Every step I took towards the campus, everytime my heart started dropping bigger beats. I noticed the group of friends walking inside and playing around. The tall guys and the pretty girls, they all made the school look even more renowned. But I was scared and nervous. "Hi you look new and fresh." A voice from behind said out as I flinched in fear and got away. "Woah, sorry if I scared you."

I looked at the guy in front of me as he tried calming me down. "I'm Jay. Park Jay." He said out reaching out his hands as I hesitantly shook them. "Choi Aera." I said out as we continued walking inside the school. "We're from the same class." He said out as I panicked not knowing how he knew my class. "Gosh it's written on your ID. I'm not a stalker don't worry." Aera you're overthinking too much. Calm down. Be yourself okay.

"Follow me. I'll direct you to the teacher's room." The guy helped me reach the teacher's room as I thanked him.

I followed the teacher to the class as I felt nervous now. I wasn't the cold or silent type of girl. Socializing was hard but I managed to cope up with it and with this thought I entered the room where everyone stared at me. "Hello I'm Choi Aera." And there you go, I didn't know what else to say. "Which school are you from?" "What's your age?" A few of the students asked out as I felt less nervous seeing them interact.

"I was homeschooled before this and I'm 19 years old." I said out as the teacher let me go sit. Jay waved his hands as I took the sign and sat beside him. "The boys probably are curious about you." He whispered as I took out my books and ignored the stares I was getting. "What about the girls?" I said out as he looked at his classmates and clicked his tongue. "I don't really know. They seem very busy playing with their hair." He said out laughing on his own as I let out a small chuckle.

I felt good. He could be my first ever friend here.

-

I closed out my book as everyone rushed outside the classroom to go to the canteen. Staring at my side, I noticed Park Jay snoring as he covered his head under the book. Slightly poking him, I sighed in failure of not getting him up. Hitting the book on top of his head, I regretted it as I noticed the sleepy guy jerk off and sit up straight. "What? Earthquake?" He said out as I scoffed and stood up. "Let's go."

"Introducing y'all to my new friend Choi Aera." Jay dramatically ended his speech as his friends looked up at me excitedly. "What's up with that highly dramatic tone?" I said out as the two guys in front of me laughed at Jay. "Bruh be grateful Aera." Jay scoffed playfully sitting down beside me. "That's Heeseung and that's Sunoo. They're both older and younger than me so we don't have the same classes."

"And Jay is too socially weird to attract any other friends than us." Heeseung said out as Sunoo chuckled. I stared at the three friends playing around and internally died thinking of how I was surrounded by three godly visuals on the first day of school. "But I finally have one." Jay hugged me tightly showing how happy he was as I choked trying to breathe. "Gosh get away from him." I heard two girls say out as they eyed me while walking away. Jay glared at them before sighing.

"What's up with them?" I asked feeling a bit uncomfortable. "Nothing. Just them getting jello." Sunoo said out drinking his milk as I pouted slightly feeling a bit sad knowing not everyone liked me. But oh well nothing I could do with that.

-

School ended quicker than I thought. I walked outside the campus as Jay and the other guys had extra stuffs so couldn't give me company. But I didn't hate it. Maybe school was actually gonna be a great time for me. I breathed loving the weather which was still cloudy and cold. Getting out my closed shell felt good. Having real life friends felt good too. Maybe life wasn't really that bad.

But that thought left my mind as I felt the girls from behind me run like a hurricane as one pushed me making me fall. I frustratedly looked up to see them all run in front.

There were screams from all corners confusing me. Are the cops here or what?

"Ahh they are here!"

"Omg I think Jake just looked at me."

"Sunghoon!!"

"Oh gosh they are hot."

Jake and Sunghoon?

| | • • • • • | |

Yoyoyooo this is the first chapterrr

Yoyoyooo this is the first chapterrr. Not that interesting but it'll Doon get more interesting.

I'd really appreciate it if you all voted for this chapter!