2. the ice skater

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

It was self studying time. I did my sums quietly as the guy beside me just doodled on his page without doing anything that was close to studying. I liked the peace. It wasn't like everyone was studying but atleast they weren't shouting. I yawned feeling sleepy and rested my head down on the table for a while. I didn't exactly want to overhear but I got curious hearing the girl's talk from a distance. "I miss Jake and Sunghoon. When will they attend the classes?" Those names were familiar. Were they perhaps teachers or something like that?

I didn't know. Without hearing their conversation anymore, I looked at Jay as he continued drawing a fish. "Who're Jake and Sunghoon?" I said out as he looked at me and chuckled. "So you've finally heard about them." He laughed putting his pen down and looking at me as I confusingly stared at him. "Why? What's so interesting about them? Are they teachers? Good ones?" Jay basically judged me for about 10 seconds before shaking his heads. "No not even close."

"Then who are they?" Jay sighed before getting back to doodling and also chatting with me.

"Well they are the famous kids I'd say." Made sense. I heard their names more than once since yesterday. They were probably pretty famous throughout the schools. But that didn't really make me any less curious. Rather I was more curious about those two guys. I stared at Jay as he finally looked back at me. "That's it?" I questioned him as he raised one of his eyebrows. "You wanna know more about them?" I nodded willingly as he pouted lazily and finally gave in.

"Let's start with Sunghoon then. Park Sunghoon. He is one of the top skaters of this school so he's almost always busy." Skater. Damn that's new. I had never seen a skating student anywhere so it did make him feel very interesting. "That's why he's famous?" Asking my friend again, I rested my head on my hand and looked at him as he shook his head.

"Well not all of it. He's just not only talented but he's got looks. Damn looks and he's smart." All rounder? Seemed like that. Jay got so invested in talking about him that I couldn't even stop him to say that it's enough. "He is likeable too. I talked with him and he seemed good natured instead of being arrogant. Girls go crazy for him. But he isn't close to being a playboy. He's too busy with studies and skating to look at girls." He stopped and looked at me with a creepy smile as I blinked a couple times before getting back to looking at my book.

"By the way-" I was going to ask him something but the guy cut me off. "You interested in him?" He said out wiggling his eyebrows as I glared at him. "Shut up." Jay just chuckled. "Just kidding. I wonder how he is so kind though." He said out thinking on his own as I continued doing my sums getting bored by him. "Well he's normal. Kind like I said. But he has this proud look. Scares me not gonna lie. But his visuals though. That kid is sickly good looking bruh-"

Jay stopped as he noticed me how I was coldly staring at him. He got too carried away by Park Sunghoon. "Jay." I said out as he chuckled nervously. "Yes?" I pointed at his book. "Please study." I said out smiling at him creepily as he frowned looking away making me laugh.

-

"Aera go ahead, I forgot my book." Jay said as I nodded and walked forward towards god knows where. It was a free period as well as the last period so a lot of people had already gone home. Jay was supposed to give me a tour around the school. I walked outside one campus to enter the next building. This place was huge with three buildings as the entire school.

I walked inside the dark hallway feeling a bit creeped out. Hearing sounds from a certain room, I pushed open the door as I saw the huge skating rink. This school has a goddamn skating rink? I was shocked to see how big and empty it was. But I quickly noticed a guy entering the rink. Hiding behind the door I stared at the guy who started skating. And wow he was an extremely good skater.

Suddenly I remembered what Jay said. Park Sunghoon. He was a skater. And so was the guy in front of me. Sunghoon has insane visuals. I bit my lips staring at the tall guy as I noticed he was almost perfect with looks. Could he perhaps me..

"Hey!" He shouted at me as I hid more behind the door. "You. The one hiding behind the door." How did he even figure out? "You do realize the door is made of glass right?" He said out as I quickly stood up frozen. Did I just embarrass myself this bad? Looking at the transparent door, I think I did. I tightly closed my eyes biting my lips out of embarrassment as I heard the guy laugh in front of me. "It's fine, don't be embarrased." He said out as I opened my eyes.

Jay did mention Park Sunghoon was kind.

"Do you wanna skate? Can you skate?" He asked. What do I answer to him? I skated once in my life and broke my arm already. I didn't wanna skate again. But saying no would mean, I was curious about him and not about skating. "No. I mean y-yes!" I said out immediately regretting my decision as the pale guy had a curious smirk on his face.

-

Entering the rink, wearing those extremely sharp skating shoes, I almost fell on my face on the ice but quickly gathered myself up. "Don't embarrass yourself again Aera." I whispered to myself as the skater skated behind me at a distance. Gosh what if I fall down in front of him? I jinxed myself and the next moment I knew I had terribly lost control and fell on the floor with my legs spread wide in all directions. "Ahh." I cried out in pain as he laughed standing in front of me. "If you were checking me out, then just say that. You don't have to lie about skating." He said out bringing out his hands as I held it and stood up.

"I wasn't checking you out." He raised his eyebrows making me anxious as I kept blinking. "I was just-" I didn't know what to say to make myself look any less weirder. "Oh gosh." I gave up and walked back to the ground on my own but before reaching rough surface, I fell down yet once again as I heard a silent laugh from the guy behind me. He is annoying. I somehow got up and faced him.

"Are you Park Sunghoon?" I asked firmly as he stopped laughing and looked up straight. "Yes I am Park Sunghoon." Wow so I just embarrassed myself real bad in front of one of the most popular guys in school.

| | • • • • • | |

Istg i can't with my dry humor anymore-

Please vote if you liked this chapter hihi :D