10. falling

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jake's POV

I walked down the streets along with Aera. I noticed how quiet she was and it confused me to find out as who exactly she was thinking about. It did look like she was sad instead of thinking. "What's wrong?" I asked her looking straight as I walked her home. The girl just shook her head without saying anything as we got to her house. I stopped walking feeling worried as she looked back at me confusingly.

"Is everything good with your family?" I asked her hoping I didn't trigger her by saying it. Aera bit her lips as I could tell she was trying to hold back her tears. So I guessed it right. It was something about her family. "I am alright Jake." She said out with a weak tone and started walking again. "Are you?" I held her hand stopping her as she looked at my eyes. She came towards me as I never broke the eye contact.

"Can I hug you?" She said out leaving me speechless. I didn't know what to say. I obviously wouldn't mind it but I didn't want to make the girl feel awkward. Without getting any reply, Aera just wrapped her arms around me hugging me softly as I felt my heartbeats get faster. She'll hear it if it gets even louder. But I shrugged it away and hugged her back.

Aera didn't say anything rather stayed like that for a moment. It almost felt like she was dreading for a hug for so long but didn't get one. And now that she finally did, she didn't wanna let go. "Noonaaa!" A young boy shouted as we both quickly got away from each other and looked at that direction.

Aera's POV

I looked and saw my mom and Aheon staring as I felt myself going red at the situation. "Mom? Aheon?" I said out in confusion as Jake quickly bowed to my mother. "Who is he?" My mom said out as I went forward to introduce him. "Uhh he's my friend, Jake." I firmly said out as Aheon excitedly walked over to him while mom just nodded shrugging it away.

"You're so good looking." Mom entered the house as Aheon continued chatting with Jake. "Aheon don't annoy him." I said out waiting for him to come inside the house with me. "Nah it's fine." Jake said out getting down to reach Aheon's level with a smile on his face. "You're no less kiddo." He said out making my brother laugh as I smiled finding the situation cute. "I'll grow up and be more handsome like you." My younger brother said out making Jake laugh as I placed my hand towards him waiting for him to grab it as he did. "Now go home."

He ran inside as Jake looked away while I did the same. "Uhh." I nervously chuckled not knowing what to do. "I'll go now then." He said out with a smile as I nodded. "Alright." But the guy stopped midway. "Hey Aera. Take care of yourself okay." He said out before running at the other direction.

-

Sunghoon's POV

"The attitude you show after getting famous in school proves how shitty you are." One of my friends angrily said out as he threw his food away. I frowned seeing his unbearable behavior. "What the hell?" I said out angrily as he scoffed. What was wrong with him all of a sudden? "I'm tired of being your minion Sunghoon." He said out frustratedly. "Everywhere I go, all I hear is your name and I hate it." He said it out as I looked down not knowing how to comfort him.