43. a bad day

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

"Noona you made those again." The 14 year old said out slowly as I nodded. Aheon was still young but the guy could understand everything too well. He sighed getting back to doing his homework as I saw he also thought it was useless for me to keep trying. I pouted and looked at the food. Was it useless for real? I didn't know but I wasn't going to give up so easily.

-

Seeing the guy throw the letter away once again made me feel bad. I knew he'd do it but it still hurt knowing he wasn't willing to give me another chance. But I'll earn it and I was determined. "Aera quick!" One of my friends called out as I realized I was late to reach the auditorium once again. It was one of the final days of work but I had been slacking off too much.

"Oh look who it is." A lot of the students were gathered you today. I noticed Jake and his friend Arin inside the auditorium, talking to his other friend who was in the event team as well. The main event organizer probably hated me though. "Choi Aera, you know we're better off without you?" She said out as I looked down apologetically.

"Sorry ma'am-" but she cut me off. "Oh keep your sorry to yourself. I don't need this fake sorry of yours every now and then." I bit my lips at her harsh words. "Last chance. If you're late again, you're outta this event." She said out as I nodded bowing and immediately got to work. "You good?" Niki said out as I forced out a smile and nodded. No I wasn't good.

Jake's POV

I witnessed it all how the organizer had scolded Aera harshly. It angered me but I couldn't make myself do anything about it so I just shrugged it away. I saw the girl slowly walk towards the ladder as she claimed up to hang the banner as well as paint it. "Jake look." My friend called me as my attention went to his work.

We were all busy with our own work until a harsh sound caught all our attention. I looked to see Aera who was on the floor and it seemed like she had called off the ladder. To make it worse, the paint she was working with fell on top of her and it all happened so quickly, she couldn't even react. "Gosh Aera, are you okay?" A couple students immediately walked towards her as I held onto the urge to go help her too.

The girl, all covered in blue paint, stood up as she limped without talking much. I glared at the few people who were laughing at her and looked back at her. It was a mess, she was a mess and so was the banner. "Choi Aera. You're out. No need to come, starting right now." The lady who was handling it all coldly told her as the girl bowed. "I'm sorry.." she slowly said before limping her way outside making me worry.

Aera's POV

It really wasn't my day, was it? My leg was in a bad condition after falling and so was I. Washing my face, I stared at the mirror. "You're such a mess, Aera." I told to myself before closing my eyes. It's fine. It's all good. I tried convincing myself again and cleaned the paint off.

-

I held the camera, I had been keeping with myself all these while but since it was probably my last day at Jake's university, I thought of taking a picture of everything. In the midst of being a photographer, I saw Jake walking out as I quickly called out for him. "Jake!" I shouted loud enough for everyone to hear. The guy stopped as Arin looked behind at me. I tried walking to him quickly with my injured leg but he started walking again. "Wait up Jake!" He didn't listen anymore and walked away while I pained my leg even more by trying to quicken my pace. "Noona stop it." Niki held onto me as he sighed shaking his head while I disappointedly looked at Jake's blurry figure.

Jake's POV

I forced my legs to walk away before Aera could get any closer. Hearing her struggle to walk towards was making me feel guilty. But I couldn't stay there. "Hey you should really go easy on her. It seems like she got some real strong feelings for you." Arin said out to me as my other friend, Jimin agreed but I shook my head putting all the stuffs inside my bag. "I think she is correct, Jake." Heeseung hyung's voice from behind grabbed my attention as I sighed hearing him. The guy just nodded wanting me to rethink about my decision.

Aera's POV

"Sit here. I'll get you something to eat." Niki helped me walk out of the campus as I sat on one of the benches. The guy left me alone as I sighed looking at the cold night sky and then at the hands. I was too tired. Physically and mentally of everything. Every part of me wanted to just stop being this helpless.

Jake's POV

I was walking outside alone when I saw Aera sitting alone while her eyes remained close. She opened her eyes looking exhausted but stared at the sky as I noticed it too. There were barely any stars. My attention got back to the girl as she sighed and looked. She looked like she was about to cry. "I'm so tired... so much for absolutely nothing." That was all she said and I could hear her voice crack when she said it.

-

I opened the door getting inside my house as I saw my parents out in the living room. My mother stood up in front of me while holding the container filled with the snack Aera had made for me as I sighed looking away. About to walk upstairs to my room, the lady Sim stopped me midway. "You should really give her another chance." I looked at here raising my eyebrows at what she said as dad nodded agreed I with her and walked towards me.

"We know she made a mistake Jake. But this is love, dear and no one is perfect. And she clearly does love you. And you know it." Dad said out as I looked down speechless. I didn't know how to answer to anyone who wanted me to forgive Aera. I was too afraid of getting hurt again. "Mom dad I don't know..." The two sighed looking at each other and then at me.

"Son look we won't force you to do anything. But just don't regret whatever you're doing now in the future."

| | • • • • • | |