22. selfish battle

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jake's POV

I kept calling Choi Aera but the girl never bothered to take my calls. Dead worried about her, I grabbed all my things and walked out of the school campus to search for Aera now. "Gosh where are you?" Nervously whispering to myself I continuously looked here and there with the hope to find her. Not being able to find her around the school campus I thought of calling Sunghoon to see if he knows where she was or not.

But like the girl, nobody was taking my calls today. "Please be alright." Walking quickly to the direction of her house, I kept my eyes searching every place I thought she'd be at. I went to the store she worked at. But no sign of Aera. The worker just said it wasn't Aera's work day today. So I decided to directly go to her house. Running alone in search of the girl I walked ahead until I saw familiar figures talking in front of me.

My hopes crashed into pieces as I noticed Choi Aera and Park Sunghoon talking to each other. The girl had a pretty smile on her and I didn't fail to notice Sunghoon's new trophy on her hands. So she went to see his performance instead of mine. But before I could confront either of them, my heart broke into pieces as I noticed Sunghoon lean towards the girl kissing her. My mind went blank for a moment. I couldn't tolerate what I was seeing right now.

They pulled away as I blinked slowly. "So you're here.." I almost whispered it out but she heard it. The girl's face went pale as she saw me while Sunghoon had his mouth open due to the shock of being caught. "Jake-" the girl tried saying out but I couldn't bear it. I felt extremely hurt this time and all I had inside was anger. Shaking my head, not wanting to hear her I started backing away as she ran over to me. "Jake please-" "No Aera!" I shouted trying to walk away from her but she held my hand tightly.

"Please hear me out Jake-" pushing the girl's arms away, I gritted my teeth glaring at her. "What's there to listen Aera? You said you'd come to see my match. You didn't. I was worried. I was worried as fuck about where you were cause you didn't take any of my calls. But you-" the sight of Sunghoon and Aera kissing came to mind. I couldn't control myself any longer. Balling out my fists, I speed walked towards Sunghoon who was quietly seeing all these and landed a punch at his face.

"Jake!" Aera shouted. My best friend was shocked himself. "How could you do that!" I grabbed his collar pushing him down as he struggled to defend. "I told you I asked her to come yesterday. Still you played dirty." I was so angry that I didn't even realize I was hitting the only best friend I ever had in life. Sunghoon didn't tolerate any longer and he hit me back. "I like her as well Sim Jake. I want her too!" He took control and landed a couple punches. Aera tried stopping us but the girl couldn't really do anything.

Aera's POV

Seeing the two best friends fight in front of me made me become emotional. "Stop it. Please!" I shouted trying to pull them apart from each other but none of them would hear me out. They were brutally hitting each other. Not being able to tolerate it any longer, I broke down into tears and pulled Sunghoon away from Jake with all my force. "Just stop it you both!" I cried out pushing Sunghoon away as the two guys stopped noticing me. I fell on my knees as they both were on the ground as well. Slowly crying out, I noticed my shaking hands and looked down.

"Aera.." Sunghoon said out as he was about to hold me but I shook my head pushing him once again. "No don't touch me!" Sobbing in front of the two silent guys I tried regaining my self control as I stood up on my feet and wiping my tears away, looked at both of them. "You both are enjoying this, aren't you? Hurting each other because of me. Ruining your friendship for a girl?" They didn't say anything. I dug my nails inside my skin hurting myself while sniffling.

Looking at Jake, I noticed his bleeding lips and guilty eyes. "Gosh. I'm sorry I forgot about your match." Apologizing to him I looked over at Sunghoon as well. "And I shouldn't even have visited your match either." Jake stood up slowly as he reached out for me but I backed away from the guy. "Aera please." But I didn't want to hear any of them right now. I'm tried of being played around like a toy. "No Jake! Let me finish."

Sniffing I looked at the both the guys who were now completely on their feet. "I get it. You both like me. But did you guys ever think of how it was with me? How I felt all this time?" None of them answered. I felt my heart feel heavy at all these. "You think I like being called a player by other people just because you both like me? You think I am enjoying the fact that two of the famous guys like me? No. I don't. I hate it." I hated it so much. I didn't want to be the reason behind their broken friendship. Not at all.

"I feel like shit knowing two best friends are fighting because of me. But did you both ever care about it? No. You never did. You only cared about what you want." I let out everything I had been keeping inside me all this while. Jake and Sunghoon remained. They both looked worried but I didn't care. I didn't care at all. I was done with all these. I was done just watching how the two guys would start fighting for me. I didn't like it.

Sunghoon's POV

Aera grabbed her bag which was on the floor while crying and started walking to her house. Feeling bad for the girl I stared at miserable back for a while. And then looked at Jake who didn't say anything and watched Aera walk slowly.

-

Aera was still crying slightly while holding her bag with both her hands. She walked homes very slowly thinking about stuffs as I watched her from behind. Jake walked after her slowly following the girl as I stayed behind Jake at a difference. Hearing Aera's point of view, I realized how hard it must have been for the girl. If I was in a similar situation I would have away from my problems.

Looking at Jake's back, I touched the bruises on my face the guy gave me. I was guilty of what I had done. I knew Jake told Aera to go see his match but I was a jerk and didn't remind Aera about it at all. I was being selfish but I like her too.

And I don't want to share her with you Jake. Never.

Jake's POV

Biting my lips worriedly I laid down on my bed staring at the ceiling. You lost your temper once again Jake. I was mad at myself. I made Aera cry and I hit my best friend. But what he did was unacceptable. But I knew I shouldn't have hit him. That wasn't the main thing here. I was worried about Aera. Nervous about how she was doing. She felt too much these few days but didn't show it to anyone. Sighing I closed my eyes thinking about one of the worst days I spent in my life.

Need to apologize to Sunghoon. But what he did was wrong. You're not the only one who likes Choi Aera, Sunghoon. I like her too and I'm still not backing away. I'll fight for her till the very end.

| | • • • • • | |

probably not the best time for this but 🥰 vote

Team Jake

TeamHoon