34. teach her

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

Another day as I was out in the convenience early in the morning. Buying two chocolate milk bottle I walked out after paying and sighed staring at the milk. "He doesn't even drink chocolate milk." I pouted feeling bad knowing Jake was still mad at me. But I encouraged myself to not give up everytime by remembering I probably deserved his silent treatment. Imagine someone broke your heart and then they come and say they like you too? I would be pissed.

Walking towards the campus I went straight to the field where I'd find the guy. Jake had a match coming up, so he was mostly busy with it nowadays. Running towards the playground I saw him and his team mates playing. "She's here." One of them eyed me sighing as the others noticed me too except Jake who was tightening his shoe laces. They all saw me coming here and watching them almost every day nowadays.

Walking over to Jake, "here," I gestured him to take the drink I bought for him as he looked up at it and then at me. The guy's look was expressionless. I could never guess what he was even thinking. He took the bottle and looked at his team mates before throwing it to one of them who started drinking it after thanking him. I pouted feeling a bit pissed knowing my efforts to walk extra was once again put to waste.

Jake stood up holding the ball and walked away from me. Pissed off, I violently breathed and called out his name loudly without caring about the other people. "Yaa Sim Jake!" He stopped turning around. The guy raised his eyebrows as I frustratedly blew my bangs away. "Do you not like me anymore?" I heard the light laughs coming from the background as a smirk reached Jake's face. "What do you think?" Again. The same reply. He had been replying the same thing everytime I asked him.

Biting my lips, I harshly turned around causing my hair to do a dramatic flip and walked away.

-

"Gosh I'm so pissed." Slamming the stack of books on the library table, I sat on my chair making loud noises catching everyone's attention. But I didn't care about the many eyes staring at me now. "What is it now?" Jay asked me leisurely as he turned over the pages of his book. "I don't think he likes me anymore." This sentence made me sad as my voice quietened down. "Same reply?" Jay asked me as I nodded looking down. He was the only guy I could rant to about all these right now since Sunoo and Heeseung were busy with their studies.

Jay closed the book he was reading and sighed. "Aera you know you are dumb?" Frowning at him, I glared at the guy as he took off the reading glasses he was wearing. "How would you feel if you were in Jake's place? Gosh why are you even mad about this in the first place?" Jay was frustrated too by my behavior. I pouted trying not to get offended by his words. "You literally dumped him before he could even ask you out. And now you expect him to go easy on you? No. Step up your game." He balled out his fists slamming them on the table as he glared at me.

He did make sense. Maybe Jake was playing hard to get. Well he had every right to be cold towards me right now. Jay's words motivated me as I bit my lips and closed my eyes feeling determined. "Yes I understand it now." I told him as he nodded in satisfaction. But reality hit me again as I looked at him with hopeless eyes again. "But how do I step up my game.."

-

Few days later

"Your grades are really good but Aera.. I must say no matter how good of a student you are, your physics grade are worse." The teacher tried explaining me the matter without lashing out at me as I embarrassedly stood holding my hands together in his office. I sucked at physics. I just couldn't deal with momentum. "Here." He lightly threw the paper on the table as I saw the poor marks with a red F on the paper. Failing was the last thing I had expected now.

The urge to sob right then and there was high but I knew I couldn't just cry over a failed test. But I hated the fact that I was failing in a subject. Keeping my head low I breathed slowly not knowing what to say other than apologizing. "I'm sorry. Ill improve." That's all I could say.

I heard knocks from behind as the teacher sighed and told the person to come inside. "Uhh yes you topped again." He said out showing the other person's paper as I saw the red tick marks all over the paper. I was jealous. "Jake do you mind helping Aera improve her grades?" He suddenly said out as I looked immediately to my side to see Jake who was as shocked as I was at the moment. "Sir I've a match coming up. I don't think-"

"She's failing it. Just try to get her to a C or D." He didn't let Jake finish. I saw the guy beside me eye my failed paper as I looked ashamed. It felt horrible to be in this situation. I was still in the urge to breakdown right now. Embarrassing, it was. "Alright. I'll do my best." Jake said out as he excused himself leaving the room. I followed him out in shock. "Wait for real?" He stopped and looked at me nodding.

"Yeah. After school. My place?" He continued. "Huh-" Jake sighed coming over to me as he smirked. "What? Do you wanna keep failing physics?" What is this bad boy behavior Jake? I immediately said no and agreed with him.

Jake's POV

"Good." I said and started walking away from the girl once again as a smile made its way to my face. She indeed was trying her best. And it'd be a lie to say I didn't like the attention she was giving me. Or that I didn't appreciate the efforts she put in on me. Who is going to tell her I never stopped liking her in the first place?

Sunghoon's POV

Vigorously cutting the answer I just wrote, I frustratedly threw the pen away slamming my head on the table. My mind was all over the place and I was struggling. In every way one could say. Educationally, mentally and physically as well. It was all to hard for me and I started skipping school. I'd be distracted in class anyways. I gave up on going to practices but the coach managed to call my parents and make me keep up to skating. I was emotionally unstable right now even though I was trying my best to cope up with the situation.

"It's fine Sunghoon. You'll be alright as time goes by." I said go myself once again as I put aside my broken heart and continued studying once again.

| | • • • • • | |

Unedited cause im tired 😍