45. coffee

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jake's POV

I knocked on the door a couple of times as it finally opened revealing a tired Aheon yawning. His eyes slightly widened seeing me. Aera was on my back almost asleep. "She got too drunk." I said out without any emotions in my tone as he looked at his sister. "H-hyung come in." He said out as I entered and carried the girl up the stairs to her room. Aheon followed me slowly and stood at the end of the room as I carefully put Aera on her bed covering her with the sheets. About to leave, I stopped feeling the girl's hold on my wrist.

"Jake.." she barely let out my name while staying half asleep as I looked at her. "Please don't go." Aera whispered as I bit the inside of my lips turning around, not looking at her again. Pulling my wrist from her grip slightly, I sighed walking out of her room. Ignoring the fact that I heard her sniffles once again before closing the door.

"Hyung thanks for bringing her home." Aheon awkwardly said as I nodded and walked out of the house to my car. "Please give her another chance. She's trying her best." Aera's brother let out the following words making me freeze in the middle of road. I stared at him for a couple seconds without replying and started walking to my car once again.

-

Aera's POV

I woke up to the sound of people shouting downstairs. The headache woke me up even more as I held my softly whining because of the pain. Trying to remember what happened yesterday, I slightly got flashbacks of the previous day. Mom opened my door frustratedly as she closed it loudly. The woman sighed and looked at me. "Oh you're awake." She said out and proceeded to spread all the curtains.

The memories from yesterday started flashing back to my mind as I began to remember every thing.

"You always chose Sunghoon over me.

You kept breaking my heart and I'm tired of it.

It's always you hurting me."

My eyes started tearing up on its own as I saw Jake's red eyes as he said those to me last night. Looking at my hands, I found them shaking on its own and before I could even process what had happened, I knew I was crying. "Get ready- Aera? Dear, are you crying?" Mom worriedly reached out to me as I sobbed in front of her. I felt horrible knowing how much I have pained Jake. "Aera, why are you crying? What happened last night?" She asked me trying to wipe my tears but I covered my face sobbing.

"It's about Jake. He brought her home last night. And I can say he is still mad at noona." Aheon's voice came from outside the room as he leans towards the door. The older woman heard her son and quietened as she simply stared at me crying. "I think I lost him for real mom." I sobbed out as the woman in front of me felt sorry for me and pulled me into a hug as I tightly shut my eyes.

-

Jay's POV

"She won't talk to us or do anything other than going to uni." Niki said out as I felt the worried tone in his voice. Jungwon hummed alongside taking a sip of his latte as I bit my lips sighing. I tried calling Aera again but it was still switched off. She really started acting lifeless. And I knew it was bad after Mrs. Choi called me last night to talk about her.