36. paper cranes

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jake's POV

"So this is the girl who got you smiling all day, huh?" My mom said out looking at Aera who was standing beside me. I let out a short chuckle and nodded looking at my girlfriend. Aera's cheeks were bright red as my mom stared at her for a while with a smile. "Well then always make him smile, dear." She said out to my girlfriend making me laugh lightly. "Oh come on. Can you stop laughing? Look how shy she is." Aera indeed was really shy.

"Mom we'll leave now then." I said out to her as she nodded caressing Aera's hair. We both got out, all ready to walk to school. Since the seniors were now preparing for the freshman year's party, we were all mostly done with classes. Walking beside Aera I noticed her bright smile as she looked on the ground without talking. "What is it?" I asked her with a curious smile as she looked at me with widely spread lips. "Your mom likes me." She said out as I clearly noticed the joy in her eyes. "You mom likes me a lot Jakeeee!" The girl held my hands jumping around making me laugh seeing how adorable she is.

"Obviously she does. You're likeable." Telling it to her, I ruffled her hair making her chuckle.

The school campus was once again mainly filled with busy seniors preparing for the upcoming school parties. Entering the auditorium we saw a bunch of different groups doing different stuffs as Sunoo called us. "Hyung! Aera!" He handed us the big banners and pointed to the big wall ahead. "Please deal with this. I need to shit immediately." He said out running as we nodded and walked towards it. "So how will we do this?"

-

Aera's POV

"Hold onto the ladder carefully Jake!" I panicked getting up the ladder as Jake held it tightly from down. It was scary for me since I had a slight fear of height but Jake didn't know that. "Yes Aera." Jake reassured me as I went up and fixed where to place the banner. "The tape?" I asked looking down at him as he noticed it at a far distance. Jake looked hesitant to leave me on the ladder all alone. "Jake go. I'm gonna be fine okay." I said out as he slowly nodded letting go off his grip.

I went back to fixing the banner position when I realise the ladder wasn't at its best condition. Me moving even a little bit made it wiggle. "J-jake.." I softly said out holding tightly on the ladder but Jake couldn't hear me as he ran far away to grab the tape. I tried getting down but it made it worse. The ladder moved side to side making me lose balance. "Jake!" The guy finally noticed me as he panicked running towards me but it was too late, I lost balance and was about to fall off the ladder but someone caught me in air before I could end up breaking my bones.

Opening my eyes slowly, I noticed Sunghoon as he stared back at my eyes. "Hoon.." I did see him but very less since he was busy practicing. The guy worriedly looked at me. "Are you fine?" He asked as I nodded. Sunghoon let me safely get on the ground as Jake came running towards me. "Aera are you okay?!" He said out checking my limbs to see if I was alright or not. "Yes yes I'm fine Jake." He sighed looking at my calmed face and pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let you stay there all alone." He blamed himself as I immediately shook my head and patted his back. "Hey hey please this is not your fault. On top of that I'm completely fine. Sunghoon helped-" Remembering Sunghoon was also there I pulled away from the hug and looked at him. "Thank you Sunghoon." I bowed gratefully as he smiled softly. "Thanks man." Jake said out as the guy nodded. "I'll go now." He awkwardly said and left the place.

"Gosh she is such a whore."

"She got both Jake and Sunghoon under her trap."

"No why even? She is not even the prettiest."

"It hasn't been a month she broke up with Sunghoon. And now Jake? Gosh Choi Aera."

"That, right there, is what you call a playgirl, my friend."

I heard them slowly from behind me as everyone stared at my direction making me feel uncomfortable. Their words made me feel very dirty. I looked down uncomfortably and bit my lips as Jake noticed it. "Would really appreciate it if y'all minded your own business?" He said out aloud as I widened my eyes and held his hand trying to stop him. "And stop using shit names to describe her. You don't even know Aera. Gosh these uncultured swines." He looked at everyone as they hesitated to answer back and just continued their work. "Uhh Jake stop. I'm fine." I said out tightly squeezing his hands as he sighed looking at me and pulled me outside.

After finishing all our works, we were on our way to my house since Heeseung had handed us some crafting to do and Aheon had a lot of crafting stuffs. Walking quietly, I felt Jake make me turn to look at him as he cupped my cheeks. "You're awesome, okay? And I love you a lot." He said out slightly pouting and came closer giving me a peck causing my cheeks to turn red. "I love you too." Slightly whispering, I bit my lips shyly and proceeded to enter my house.

"Oh Aera you're home- ahh Jake-ahh." My mom noticed us both as Jake bowed. "Jake hyung!" Aheon ran towards Jake as the guy chuckled playing around with him. My family loved Jake. Well dad was usually busy or angry to ever meet him but he did knew we were dating. We went towards my room as Aheon followed us. "Hyung are you here to teach noona?" He said out as Jake looked at me. "Nope we're going to do something fun." He said out as I walked towards Aheon's room to gather the stuffs.

-

Jake's POV

"Ahh Aheon don't play with the scissors baby bro." Aera grabbed the scissors from Aheon's hands as the boy chuckled. I folded the piece of coloured paper in front as a small smile appeared on my face seeing Aera painting. The girl changed into a pair of baggy clothes while her hair was in two braids making her look adorable. And her whining every now and then at Aheon annoying her made me chuckle as they both looked at me now. "Why are you laughing?" She said out as I shook my head.

Aheon left to take a nap as it was all me and her now in the room. It was quiet and I was getting bored so grabbing a little bit of paint I found myself unknowingly play around with it by poking Aera's cheeks with my coloured fingers. "Yaaa Jake!" She shockingly looked at me as I laughed out loud. The girl glared at me and the next moment I knew she was attacking me with the colours. "Ayy Aera come on. My clothes will get paint on them." I tried stopping her but the girl got on top of me playing around while laughing. Noticing how adorable her smile looked I let her play with the paint before grabbing her close to me.

Aera was surprised by my sudden pull and gently held onto my shoulders for control. I looked at the girl before softly kissing her. "You're so pretty with colours all over you." I whispered seeing her beautiful face which had paint all over it now. The girl shyly came closer and kissed the tip of my nose making me smile. I was gonna pull her into another kiss but she was faster and attached her lips onto mine before I could do it. Immediate responding to her kiss I let her caress my cheeks as I held onto her waist making sure she didn't fall over.

Pulling away, I saw her red face as she got up and sat back on her previous position, quietly continuity to do her work before she noticed I was still staring at her. "Oh come onnnn. Do your work." She lightly slapped my thighs making me chuckle as I nodded and got back to making the paper cranes.

| | • • • • • | |

Mannnnn I'm dying why so much studies 🥲