9. just a scratch

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Sunghoon's POV

I ran towards the cafe as I sighed in annoyance seeing the closed cafe with no people inside. Aera must have waited for me for so long. I didn't even have my phone right now to call her. Running on my way towards her house I looked everywhere hoping to see the girl somewhere when my eyes met the back of the familiar figure. "Aera!" I shouted running up to her. She looked back and saw me before she started avoiding me and continued walking.

"We both always meet each other while going home." I said out chuckling trying to figure out if she was mad at me or not. And she sure was. Aera wouldn't speak or look at me at all. She lazily walked down the road as I tried gathering her attention. "Aera sorryy." I whined out but she quietly walked by the foot path. "Oh come I'm sorry. Coach wasn't letting me go." I said out the truth but the pissed off girl wasn't ready to listen to my explanation. Knowing she was going home now, she probably waited for a long time for me.

"Aeraaaaa." I got frustrated feeling bad for getting no attention and started poking her. At first she didn't budge but then I kept poking her arm until she frustratedly glared at me. Finally some kind of reaction. She stared at me with a frowned and annoyed look while breathing hard as I nervously smiled at her. The girl, without any notice came closer and poked me even harder as I felt the pain directly hitting me real hard making me almost fall back on the ground. "Owww oh my gosh that hurts."

I tightly closed my eyes holding the area where it hurt and bit my lips. "You deserved it." Aera said out finally and walked ahead as I quickly relived myself from the pain and followed her. "You aren't mad anymore?" But the small figured girl just shrug her shoulders not replying properly. "Ma'am I'm sorry. Please forgive me." I formally bowed to her as she thought for a while.

"Only if you actually come the next time." A big smile appeared on my face as I immediately promised. "I will I promise. It'd be like a date oh my god." The nerdy girl froze hearing me as I held in my laughter before finally letting it go. "Just kidding, don't worry." I said out laughing as her face turned to normal making me wheeze even more.

Aera's POV

"You don't have to walk me home." Since Sunghoon was walking with me for a long time, I thought he was probably walking me home so grabbing my stuffs from his hands, I said out to him as he raised his eyebrows innocently. "Who said I'm walking you home?" He said out smiling mischievously as I blankly stared at him before continuing to walk ahead leaving him behind.

"Lol okok yes I'm walking you home. As well as going to my own house." He finally admitted it as I smiled in the darkness without him noticing it. "Ahh can you stay here till I reach home?" I said out slowly. I
I was afraid he'd hear my parents screaming again if he got any closer to my house. But the guy simply stared at me as I looked down. "Hey it's fine okay. You don't have to be so afraid of me hearing whatever it is." He said out crouching down as our eyes directly met. I felt my heart slightly get faster seeing him right under the moonlight.

Sunghoon smiled and ruffled my hair before continuing to walk as I disappointedly looked at the man's back who just ruined my hair. "Bruh."

-

Aera's POV

I lazily walked down the hallway not feeling that well. I was feeling too overwhelmed after I saw my mother crying alone in the morning. And it made me feel like shit. How I was useless in making her feeling any better other than taking care of my brother. "Aera!" Jay shouted my name gathering my attention as I looked at him. "What were you even thinking of? I was calling you for so long." He ran over to me panting as I blankly stared at him.

"What is it Jay?" He sighed grabbing my arm before starting to run as I almost stumbled on my steps. "What the hell Jay?" I said out still running behind him. The guy didn't say anything and took me out to the playground where I saw a huge crowd. "What is it?" I said cluelessly as he watched the players on the field. "Soccer. Our school versus one of our biggest opponents. And currently our school has been winning cause of Jake's scores. Too bad it's just a practice match." I heard him as I eagerly stared at the game.

My eyes met with a tired Jake as he waved his arms around me making me smile while I waved back excitedly. The students all cheered for him as I proudly smiled noticing how well he played. No wonder I almost passed out after getting hit by his serve. It was the other opponents turn to play but it seemed different. And dangerous. The gigantic looking player kicked the ball harshly as it immediately flew to Jake's way crashing into him as the guy got dragged down the ground by the immense speed of the ball.

"Jake!" Everyone worriedly watched the guy who laid on the ground not being able to move as I quickly tried getting closer. The coach got him out of the game noticing how badly he was hurt. I ran behind him to the infirmary. "Jake oh my god." I said out seeing the guy bleeding as he painfully sat on the bed. "Are you even okay?" I nervously said out gathering the medical stuffs to clean his wound as he bit his lips in pain.

"I'm fine Aera." He said out as I shook my head and sat down beside him.

Jake's POV

The girl grabbed my hand carefully and stared at scratched part for a while before I noticed the distressed look on her face. "Aera I'm really fine-" but I got cut off by the worried girl. "Shut up Jake! You're not fine. Stop lying." She totally shut me off as I stared at her while she cleaned my wound. It was burning as I made a soft noise cause of the pain. "I'm so sorry." She whispered blowing on the wound as I stared at her. I noticed her beautiful features as I felt myself feeling different seeing her care for me.

"Aera calm down okay. It's just a scratch." I tried calming the younger girl down but she just shook her head denying it. "You're bleeding so bad. He must have intentionally hit you." She said out angrily as I softly smiled seeing her puffed up cheeks. "Cute." I slightly whispered but Aera noticed it and glared at me. "Cute?! You're hurt and all you say is cute?"

She started scolding me but I didn't mind it. I loved how she was worried for me. I hadn't felt this way for so long.

| | • • • • • | |

Jake or Sunghoon? 🤨

Jake or Sunghoon? 🤨