4. glasses

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jake's POV

The bell rang as I saw the ball hit the goal post harshly. The other players cheered seeing the good serve as I breathed heavily wiping my sweat. Reaching out for my water bottle, I opened the cap drinking the water to get rid of my thirst as I noticed something unknown. Looking at the stairs of the playground, I saw a pair of earphones as I walked towards it. The scene of hitting the girl yesterday made its way to my mind as I laughed out finding it funny.

"It's her earphones." I said out grabbing it and staring at it for a while. My phone started ringing as I kept it inside my pocket and took the call. "Yup Hoon?" I asked my best friend who just called me. "I miss you." I mentally had a disgusted face on hearing how cringy he could act sometimes. "Stop." I said out as the caller laughed out and continued. "It's a free period. Let's go to the library."

We might not look like we're interested in studying but trust me, we both are suckers for good grades. "Aight man." Cutting the call, I grabbed my backpack and made my way towards the huge library inside our school.

Aera's POV

"This looks like a museum more than a library." I whispered to Jay as I looked up at the huge museum, I mean library as the four of us entered it. "I don't even know why the owner spent so much time making this library." Jay said out uninterestedly as I frowned hearing him. Knowing how big of a book lover I was, anyone against libraries was an enemy to me. Quickly walking over to a table we sat down as I put on my reading glasses.

"You wear glasses?" Sunoo said out surprised as I plainly nodded my head. "Only for reading." I added as they figured it out. "Aera I'm going to go grab a book, wanna come?" Heeseung said out as I immediately nodded and followed the taller guy more inside the world of books. It was big, so big that I just silently saw myself drowning within the huge columns until I finally lost Heeseung which could also be said as until I got lost in the unknown library. So yeah I had no clue where I was.

Entering the fantasy column I stared at the big books until a certain book caught my eye. A smile appeared on my face. "Ahh there it is." I said out looking at the book up above the shelves. On my way to grab the book, I found myself struggling to get it because of my height. Touching the end of the book I jumped and leaped to get the book to fall off the shelves but instead I noticed a bunch of books losing their balance as they all were ready to shower over me.

"Ahh!" I shouted trying to cover my head as I heard the books fall all around me but not a single one hit me. Looking up I noticed a hand protecting me from the books as I immediately stood up straight to thank them. "Thank you-"

"Damn you really wanna get hit again by something, don't you?" That voice. That familiar voice reached my ears as I looked up to see Sim Jake standing in front of me with his hand hovering over my head. "You!?" I said out all confused as Jake just laughed and nodded. I noticed how red his hands were until his sleeves hid the red spots. "Are your hands okay?" Feeling nervous cause he might have injured himself badly while trying to save me, I asked out worriedly as he smirked crouching down to meet my eyes.

"Why? You care?" He gave off a really attractive smile which would have made anyone's heart get an attack but right now was just not the right time for him to be a heart throb. "Oh god." Out of frustration, I breathed heavily as he got back to his actual height chuckling. "You wear glasses?" I realized I still had my glasses on and quickly was about to walk away not wanting to deal with him until I felt myself smashing someone's foot behind me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Panicking I looked back to see the pair of feet. "You really are clumsy, aren't you skate girl?" The familiar figure of the tall ice skater was in front of me as I felt myself going pale. It was Park Sunghoon. My luck with these two guys was for sure shit but I quickly shrugged it away and focused on his foot again. "Are you alright?"

"Dang you seem worried." He tilted his head pretending to be shocked as I glared at him for a minute before looking away not knowing what to say. "You know her?" Jake who was still behind me said out as Sunghoon looked at him and simply nodded. "Yup she barged inside the rink. You?" I can't believe I was in the middle of Jake and Sunghoon having a conversation about me. But why did it have to be such an embarrassing conversation? "Yeah I hit her with the ball by mistake."

I bit my lips and looked down feeling extremely embarrassed as the two guys laughed on their own. "God damn it, can you both stop?" I said out of frustration as they stopped and looked at me. "I didn't know you wore glasses." Sunghoon said out staring at me as Jake agreed with him. "I didn't know you both knew a place called library." I whispered to myself hoping they wouldn't hear but the two just laughed it out.

"I have heard this line so many times." The shorter guy said out as his mate agreed with him. "Why? Do we look too good to be in a library?" What even. I could internally feel myself looking like the 🙂 emoji as I stared at them both. "No you both look like bullies." I said out as they stopped doing whatever they were doing and looked away feeling offended.

"Wah you smashed my foot." Sunghoon said. "And I just smashed by hand for you." Jake continued. "And you say we look like bullies?" Sunghoon finished the sentence as Jake scoffed making me pout.

"You do realize it's scary standing between two famous and goodlooking guys." I said out reluctantly as they both stopped.

| | • • • • • | |

Lmao pls stop teasing Aera jakehoon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)