they settled 2

"hello Paul how are you?"

Smiling bigger while bowing at the young woman, the chef hands went in his back while his body straightened, it was visible he was relaxed around Sam.

"I am great Madame. Really. Even better now that you are here. This house will see actions in the nearest future."

Shaking her head at how blunt he was whenever Sam was around, Amethyst would have blushed if she did not know he was referring to Lilly shouting around the house, like God himself was staying with them.

But the he arched his eyebrows very weirdly afterwards to Sam intention, had her suspicions up. Laughing at him, Sam head shook while rolling her eyes.

For the first time in all the years he already worked for her, the brunette heard him laughed unable to hold back. Her eyes going from him to Sam, Amethyst decided to let it go, smiling knowingly herself. She knew Sam from the very beginning took the lonely man in like Lilly treating him like they were related.

All of that happened under Rogers silent stare, he could have disappeared or transformed into a statue he felt like none of them would have noticed.

"Paul can you send us two cups of hot chocolate please? No Sam I know you want to say it is okay but it's not a request, You are freezing. It will warm you or ...."

Seeing the mischief in her eyes, Sam who could easily imagine her next words energetically shook her head no, making Lily who was now on her lap to emited her angelic laugh, as nerdy as she was even her caught what her mother was about to say.

"Nah, nah hot chocolate is okay! I'll drink it all" shaking her head repeatedly Sam confirmed looking at the chef shining eyes. It was refreshing to see him like that. In this moment she knew he did not feel like an employer, but a person that fit somewhere. That was what she always aim too.

"Is that so!? You don't even know what I was about to say??" Her fake innocent face made Lily laughed harder shaking her head.

"Seriously Mom, there is no morons here...ah, ah, ah." Still laughing she laid her head on Sam chest her eyes twinkling like her mother's did outside.

Amazed at her change of attitude the adults just looked at her with love, not making it too visible to not make her shy. Amethyst did even forgetting to speak for a moment.

Completely off by her reaction, like all his breath was taken away by someyhing that blocked  it, even Rogers wondered how it was possible that the girl who was closed off ever since he had known her. The one that was diagnosed with difficulties to speak by all the doctors they send her to was able to act humanly.

He had to admit when her mother told him she was fluent with Carpenter he doubted her. But he could not imagine her addressing others people too.

Sometimes it was like if she was just a corpse without a soul but seeing what was before him he wondered his eyes shifting on the woman who was now nuzzling her nose on her ear making her laugh harder.

"Missy I do not know what you are talking about but I just wanted to say... Yeah... That I will give you a blanket... How about that?" Smiling at her lame excuse Amethyst looked at them with a fake convincing stare, in fact she wanted to cuddle, and they all knew how her cuddles look like.

Her keeping her target in her arms all the day. She could understand Sam who had promised Lily to be there for her which means lot of animes then games until she passed out with tiredness, at her bed time that is. She did not know how Sam did that but, as soon as it is eight on the maximum, it was like the young girl body started giving up, just like that without tantrum she would brush her teeth change into her pajamas then off after a short story Sam never forget to read her whenever she was here.