Parents day. Part 7

Taking in Hardy interest in the matter Sam nodded with a small smile, one pensive with an edge of sadness, wishfulness even, to see the world change to a better place.

Meeting the young boy eyes she channelled all her attention on him knowing he was a good seed for this world, she just knew in her heart that this story will be embedded in his soul, making him attentive to the humans around him without losing himself in them. That was the line to never cross. Staring at him she had faith in those gray orbs fixated in hers.

"That is good of you to point but there are people -- who are not stupid-- No. But afraid. Even, people who do not know better. They will do certain things that will make you react with indignation as it is the case now. Do you know the difference? It is simple. You know what to do. They don't. So do not mind them. As you exist, all the same, are good people who even though are not many make a better difference in the world. Always remember that many droplets of water create a puddle or fill a glass. whatever you place underneath, will always be fill as long as the drops continue to flow." Understanding her point he nodded breathing normally.

"Who are those good person you are talking about in this story? The Barnes? They are not such! Not even Mrs Barnes. She is weak!"

Accusingly Arthur said from his seat arms still crossed on his chest. All the eyes diverting on him then on Sam waiting for her reaction.

"Why is that Arthur?" Turning to him while Hardy sat back less angry Sam slowly asked taking the young boy in.

"She may seems that in the beginning. But she is rich! Clearly! She could've buy all the stuffs they needed but claimed back at Vitally when she spoke to Stye in the kitchen that she did not have enough money. Where did it came from out of a sudden?"

"Yeah." Some interjected near him nodding theirs heads.

"Remember the register with all the names and Stye school fund? Yes? Okay you also remember she divorce? Most of the name were her husband kid's names. The divorce pronounced it felt useless to keep it up since she kept it all in bank accounts in her own name. Having another aim at hand she use that money. Barnes kids were older than Stye of three and four years, meaning it had to be a lot of savings. He had them with a woman before his marriage with Mrs Barnes. She started keeping the money earlier thinking at least it was something she could do to them when they will be older forcing her husband to let them go to better universities. Her husband knew nothing about it so she kept it."

Still looking at her defiantly, Arthur nodded in a "keep going" move.

"While she was still married she felt it was her duties to act like a mother to them too. Since she divorced their father who clearly think as his family, she knew they were most likely destined to follow in the family step, becoming farmer or working in the school which mostly was a family thing too. It was natural she used that money to people who actually counted for her and needed it most."

"Theirs lost." Arthur weakly said shrugging his frail shoulders, for a boy his body was slender with a bit of his mother features, the twin ressembled her both like mirrors images. Even in simple things like shrugging.

"Yeah!" Mattween chimed in his body a bit agitated.

"What is the lesson we had learned from this story? Someone can tell me?"

Looking around Sam asked eyebrows arched. She had a way to handle them all that all the parents present could only thanks her in theirs hearts. In fact none of them wanted to have this discussion with theirs children. Dreadful for some, too irrelevant for others who until now felt disconnected to that layer of the world thinking poor was a state who did not applied to them. Seeing how theirs children reacted was mind blowing, showing them they were in the wrong.