STYE 2

Smiling to herself she took in the landscape as she walked almost sauntering hungriness all forgotten, dreaming at how it would feel to be in one of those apparels she always admired from afar in town or even to travel in the different part of the earth she had seen in Mr Barnes TV, she could stay in front of the TV all day long, only to watch with interest all those different places of the world different from one another but all so wonderful.

Thankfully Mrs Barnes allowed to go to their house to watch those programs on the week when she is working at home since she is the vice principal of the private school of the village. Stye knew it was just to help her, more than to really work at home. That didn't makes her feel lesser or pitiful but privileged that people where willing to go out of their way to help her.

Sighing she nodded at herself feeling rejuvenate like if seeing a plane had give her all the strength she need to started the day. Stretching her body like she owned the world she grinned big her palms in fist. For her seeing one meant luck, it was a sign, she knew it, a reminder that the world was bigger than this small village that seemed like time has frozen to form a postcard coming out of  the French movie 'voyage dans le temps'  Mrs Barnes had allowed her to see one day.

Her eyes wandering on the village again she could see its rooftop's lined, all painted in red, the old construction date of very very long, the books she read once said some had 800 years! Only that! Matusalén for her, she like middle age history but to live inside of it was frightening for one's freedom it was like being back in the time when car did not exist.

On TV she had seen so many wonderful things, one could not imagine exist, if they had not seen them. Shaking her head pushing even the thought of it out of her mind she moved her hand in her pockets, eyes still studying the view before her.

The principal place at the center of all the agglomeration, the market, was seen from where she stood, it was so closed. Pursing her lips, her eyes landed on the right where the schools was place.

Both the private and public schools were constructed there, one behind a simple barrier, while the latter was a great edifice surrounded by garden all around, enclosed behind a huge barrier
Not bad but not good too.

There were already students walking towards  the two entrances, she could see them chatting and laughing not bothered by life, once she could have said " Their luck!" But not anymore.

Turning her back to the scenery she pondered on what to do, she would have go to school but they didn't have the money to afford the private school and the normal school which was free, was just a waste of time, she ran away from it twice running for her life preferring to stay in Mr Barnes shop.

"They teach nothing!" she said to her mother promising her to do it again if she force her to go another time. Now she was homeschooled, thanks to Mr Barnes who managed to find her books to study.

"Stye is too intelligent for her to do nothing, she just need books, her mother will do the rest." had he said to the principal, who was his half-brother, one day at his shop while the man was buying meat.

After several tests to evaluate her IQ at the rich private school, the man donate books for her to be homeschool with a program that Mr Barnes gave her mother every years. She was so thankful that she frequently does things for him in his shop when his children's were at school.

"Yeah, I really have nothing to envy,  I'm free!" Shouting to the air to convince herself or fortify her heart, she ran back on the opposite road she wanted to take before, smiling at how the wind was blowing on her cheeks, her mother will not be happy to see them all burned like tomatoes when she will be back but she wasn't there so.