Stye 8

Her elbows on the table she had her face in the palm of her left hand the right one resting near Stye tiny hand, waiting for her to make the first move she knew she did not like it a lot when people touch her unannounced. She always act weirdly whenever her boys or her husband did that, so she had always try to not be that way with her.

"You know last year, someone found a satchel containing a ring that belongs to the Ratchet family, it had theirs name on it they tried to take it by force when he said he had found it while under  water, but the law is the law. The Ratchet was asked, Why was it in the ocean and not in their home? That was a pertinent question, left unanswered. They had to pay it very expensively from him. Trust me. So supposedly if someone find things there, according to that precedent, it is rightfully theirs."

Understanding the technical language, Stye nodded she knew what a precedent was in law, that lifted a weight from her shoulders that something like that already happened around. Scrunching her nose adorably she wiped her face with her right hand the one near Mrs Barnes moving slowly toward the big one resting just second away from it.

"Mm mm." Balancing her legs under her sit, Stye nodded pensively before meeting back Barnes patient gaze for a second just to start wandering around the kitchen yet again.

"Leony told you."

"He did. You do not have to be afraid you know that. If you need something or someone to help you I will gladly do it."

"I wondered before. I mean I wanted it. You know to trust you but, Maximilian fooled us. But I, I, I know you are not him, I know you lo, like me. If you said you are here I believe you. You have been there for us from the beginning. It count too. "

The way she avoid saying "love" replacing it by like, had Mrs Barnes heart hurt. She knew she loved her with all her heart, she would havr not face the wrath of people for supporting them the way she did if not.

"You are right Stye. I Am here and I LOVE you. I will not make a fool out of you. I respect you too much for that."

"Hmmm. Mm mm. The fees for all of us cost you enough already. You have to pay for your own children, when they could have been taking what you granted us."

Fighting to not take her hands in hers, Barnes, shook her head negatively.

"That is not totally that. You know my husband brother is there too. He has our children under him, since he does not have any. They are his family so everyone won like that see. "

The unsteady wandering eyes finally focused on hers, allowing her to see the young girl turmoil, something told Barnes there were more than the amount Leony Hattaway mentioned earlier.

"I mean what would someone do with, let's say a lot of money they found?" Ah Bingo!! The smart girl! Proud of her the older woman tilted her head focused on her eyes deciding to go with her flow.

"What will you do supposedly?"

Instinctively she knew the little girl enough to guess what could be her wishes. Having her voicing them was allowing her to dream openly for once which was magic in her world of practicalities.

Who will dream openly when they know they could not afford it in real day light. When all they see is desolation after desolation? Certainly Stye, but never will she voice it. Her eyes will twinkle, her face will be dreamy but no words allow. Only her legendary plane myth, good luck it brought, like trailing it in the sky to unfrost the time in vitality Creek.

"A lot of things. I will move Mama out of here, find her a good doctor and all the meds she needs. She will be strong again and we could live in a nicer place with warmth inside. If Mama can work then so many things will be different."