Stye 9

The beauty and wonder that every new day brought was a constant amazement for her soul, like relieving Christmas morning in never ending circle. She would opened her eyes a big smile on starting them all with unshakable joy, like an illuminated person who had learned and grow above human small drama.

Her doctors were constantly appraising how quick she was healing, they said never had they seen someone so positive.

How would she not be?

She had and amazing support with her, she was out of hell, being constantly like someone that dream. One day she was there with no hope, the other they were leaving in a residential neighborhood with the sea nearby. All the commodities one near to feel good. It all felt surreal really.

The apartment by itself was WOW! Mrs Barnes may have told them it was for someone who left the country and was happy to know it could help a family of friends of hers, but it felt like she was hiding something from them, it was too good. They were not paying a penny. She said as long as the house was kept clean as she knew it would be and the exotics plants around it well taken care of it was more than enough.

Being in love with plants she took seriously good care of them. A man came one week after they arrived to show her the products used on them. It was his job he said when the owner was absent but it was always a good thing people could find peace taking care of them.

It was a real pleasure even though she had to put a little fight with Stye who was against her touching anything so soon, she had to promise always to use her wheelchair to do it. Smiling she shook her head, the child was worse than a jailer, but she loved the attention.

Added to it the fact that Mrs Barnes said taking care of the plants was enough to cover the  potential rent they could be paying. This was apparently not a lie, the young woman down confessed to her one day that it was a monthly investment to have that man performing his work on the expensive plants. He certainly looked polished and refined in his manners.

Leaned on the ledge board of their large balcony the breeze of the morning making her long hairs moved with the directions of the wind, the woman breathed it all in feeling complete freedom, she felt anew rejuvenated, like doors of opportunities had opened in front of her it was really amazing.

She could not count how many times she had prayed to be given another chance. A chance to prove herself, a chance to be worthy to be call a human worse a mother, for she had fallen so low, she thought sometimes that, the pit was too far deep to ever get out of it.

It was like the gates of hell, with those burning demon there taunting her with their evil voices, reminding her she was trapped in that underworld where no way of escape could ever be envisioned. She had believed them.

It had been three months already in this new reality. Still she had difficulties sleeping at night she would just wake up and stay like that. Most of the time praying with gratitude then she would make her usual round of hers children bedrooms.

Starting by the younger ones Stacy and Prisca, to ended up in her angel's all white one with the ceiling designed with stars and warm clouds a plane passing by, that, Mrs Barnes had certainly commanded it because it was already there when they arrived. The scream she had shouted upon seeing it was the greatest gift any mother could ask for.

She would looked at that small body having a hard time believing she was hers. Her real persona was something above the child she was, she had heard of the reincarnation of powerful spirit leader in India in child body always laughed at it but face with her own reality she could only wondered, what she had done to be granted a child like her.

A selfless, so loving soul that never complaining for years. Three long and painful years. Just one week after her ninth birthday she had carried a burden that was not hers. she took it all never complaining. No, she was the one offering comfort, she was the one lifting them out of that hell, opening that gate those hellish spirits of doubts kept closed for so long. She felt so ashamed for not being able to have it otherwise.