ch. 17 Family night out

Y/n's pov

"Come on, Eren!" I frown as I put my son down. "Just laughed!"

For the last hour or so I have been trying to get him to laugh. He would smile but that's it. Why is his humour so dry? I sighed and looked at the time. Levi should be here any minute now. He always comes after school to hang out with me and Eren then goes straight to work afterwards.

"Let's go downstairs." I said picking him up and exiting the room.

Once we got downstairs I put him on the playmat and turned on the tv. He really likes Disney so I put on a random movie. While Eren was distracted I decided to clean up. His toys were everywhere and I knew Levi wouldn't like that when he got here so I took care of that real quick. After that I just sat on the couch on my phone.

How to make your child laugh.

I just don't know if it's normal or not and I want my son to have at least some humor.

After 10 minutes or so the front door opens and in comes Levi.

I smiled and stood up to walk to him. I first hugged him and gave him a quick kiss. He went to Eren and picked him up.

"Hi, brat." Levi said to Eren as he smiled. "What did you and your mommy do today?"

"We had a bath and he took an hour nap after that and I was able to complete some homework. Then after he woke up he was on his playmat watching big hero six while I was folding laundry. I cleaned up here a bit and here we are now." I smiled as he kissed me. "Which reminds me I want to try something."

"Right now?" I nod

I took Eren out of his arms and placed him on the couch so he could see us.

"You know I love you, right?" I said sweetly.

"What are you up-"

Before he could finish his sentence I slapped him. His eyes widened and was shocked. But as for me i was happy hearing a laugh from my son. My smile grew and I turned to Levi and slapped him again. Eren laughed again. I raised my hand to slap Levi again but he caught my wrist.

"What did I do?!"

"Look at Eren. He's laughing and he likes it."

Eren's laughter calmed down and Levi chuckled. "So he likes seeing people in pain."

Just like his dad.

"Hit me." I said with a big smile.

"What?" He looked at me dumbfounded.

"Hit me."

"No."

"Please!!" I begged.

"I would rather you hit me than me hitting you." Levi rolled his eyes and picked up Eren. "I would never hit you."

"You have before." I winked.

"Sex doesn't count!"

I laughed and Levi put Eren on the swing and moved it so he could see the tv. We sat on the couch and he put his arm around my shoulder.

"How was school?"

"It was extra annoying today." He sighs. "But that's okay because I am taking my two favourite people out on Friday night."

That caught my attention.

"Wait. Me and Eren? Or Eren and your mom?" He chuckled and brought me closer to him.

"You and our son."

"We're going out!?" I asked a bit too excited.

"Yes, brat. But it has to be on Friday because that's when I'm off." A big smile grew on my face and I jumped in my seat.