♧︎︎︎Third year; Lessons with Lupin♧︎︎︎

Y/n's POV
_____________

It's been two weeks since I mailed my parents about the recent news I discovered. With the Holiday just around the corner, I doubt I will ever get that letter in return. I know I have been avoiding others. 

Harry has tried speaking to me about it, I just can't bare it. Him, Hermione and Ron even tried conspiring with the Weasley twins to try and get me to join in one a few jokes. However, lately I can't bring myself to. 

Professor Lupin had requested to teach me and Harry how to protect ourselves from the dementors. As much as I don't wish for much human contact at the moment, I enter his office regardless.

"'Ello sir," I say with a plastered smile on my face. "Oh, hello Y/n." He glances up at me somewhat startled, with new scars across his face. "Feel free to look around while I go through these last parchments." Professor Lupin tells me, before wandering off elsewhere.

"N/n?" I jump, hearing a voice behind me suddenly startling me.

"Bloody hell, Harry, don't scare me like that." I sigh, "Right sorry... How have you been? And where's the Professor?" Harry asks, and I close my eyes tightly, avoiding his questions deliberately.

"Oh um... He just went to finish some extra paperwork."

"Oh...alright then," Harry mutters. 

"I wanted to ask you so-"

"Harry, there you are, I'm glad you came." Professor Lupin says cutting Harry off, rescuing me from a painful conversation

"Now, are you two sure about this? You know this is very advanced magic well beyond the Ordinary Wizarding level." The Professor states, wanting to be wary that we know the risks. 

"We're sure, Professor. I myself am tired of stepping outside and worried if I'm going to be visiting the hospital wing," I cross my arms under my chest. Harry nods as the Professor lets out a light chuckle

"Well, everything is prepared, now I'm going to try to teach you two. It's called the Patronus Charm." Professor Lupin says, walking down the stairs and towards us. "Oh, I've heard of that one Sir." I recall reading about in a charms book Hermey lent me a while back. 

Harry looks at me in shock, as if there is no way I could know about it. "What? Share a room with Hermione long enough and you pick up a few things," I drop my shoulders slightly and he gaps in realization.

"Ah, that's good to hear, would you like to explain it to Harry then?" Professor Lupin ponders, and I nod hesitantly, seeing as he is the one who is supposed to be teaching.

I fake a smile before turning to him to explain, "A patronus is a kind of positive force and the wizard who can conjure one, it works as almost a shield."

"Very well Y/n," The Professor nods at me as he walks towards the chest on the opposite side of the room. "However, in order for it to work you need to think of a memory, not just any memory, a very happy one at that and a very powerful one too" Lupin looks at us as he takes a seat on the chest

"Oh right...forgot about that bit," I mumble quietly to myself

"Now then, close your eyes, concentrate, explore your past" Lupin says as he stands up off of the chest