☆Sixth year; Failure☆

Y/n's POV:
_____________

"Well, we may as well get some drinks, the lot of us." Hagrid offers and we gladly accept, once Hagrid and Slughorn walk ahead of us, Harry stops me. He pulls me into his chest, kissing me passionately.

I let out a gasp, "What was that about?"

He shrugs his shoulders, releasing his grasp on me and walking towards Hagrid's hut. Merlin, this boy makes my head spin. Hagrid and Slughorn had many drinks while I only had a few butterbeers, it was very amusing, especially when they began singing.

When they finish the song, Harry claps loudly for the two with a smile on his face and I laugh.

"Lovely, you two! Lovely!" I grin at the two very clearly drunk men.

"I had him at an egg, you know. A very tiny thing when he hatched. No bigger than a pekinese, A peekinese mind you!" Hagrid says, speaking of Aragog. "How sweet! I once had two fish." Slughorn slurs his words "Francis and Willy! They were very dear to me...One afternoon I came downstairs and...They'd vanished. Poof!"

"That's very strange, fish don't just go poof right? I wouldn't know, never had one myself." Hagrid shakes his head at my question and I whisper an Oh, "But that's life I suppose! You go along and then suddenly, Poof!"

"Poof!" Hagrid copies Slughorn's drunken state, "Poof," Harry chuckles at the two.

I watch as Hagrid's head slowly falls backwards and clashes against the wood behind him, loud snores erupt from the half giant. He had blacked out. "It was students who had given me Francis and Willy. One spring afternoon I discovered a bowl on my desk, with just a few inches of clear water in it. And floating on the surface was a flower, at the bottom of a vine."

Professor Slughorn stares softly out of the window, "As I watched, it sank. Just before it reached the bottom..It transformed into a wee little fish. While the vine tied itself into a bow, also turning into a little fish."

"It was beautiful magic. Wonderous to behold. The flower petal had come from a lily and the vine, a camellia vine. Your mothers...I remember it well, the two were inseparable in my class. Only made sense the two would gift something of such wonders." He looks at the two of us, sadly.

"The day I came down stairs and the bowl was empty...was the day your mothers..." The room grew quiet as Professor Slughorn spoke. "I know why you're here."

Huh? He must be talking of Harry's supposed mission for Dumbledore

"But I can't help you. It would ruin me.."

"Do you know why I survived, Professor? The night I got this?" Harry gently touches his scar, "Because of her...Because she sacrificed herself, she refused to step aside. Because her love was more powerful than Voldemort."

"Don't say his name.."Slughorn says. "I'm not afraid of the name, Professor. I'm going to tell you something. Something others have only guessed at." He says taking a stand, stepping closer to the table where Slughorn sits. "It's true. I am the Chosen One, only Y/n and I can destroy him. But in order to do so, I need to know what Tom Riddle asked all those years ago in your office and I need to know what you told him." Harry says

"Be brave, Professor. Be brave like my mother. Otherwise, you disgrace her. Otherwise, the bowl will remain empty forever." I stand next to Harry, I have no idea what we are even trying to do here. But it seemed as if my words had struck something in him.

"Please...don't think ill of me when you see it. You've no idea what he was like, even then..." Professor Slughorn removes his wand from his robes, pointing the wand at the temple of his head. He slowly removes a silver string from his head; a memory. Slughorn takes one of the vials he mentioned earlier out of his robes as well, placing the memory inside the vial.