♧︎︎︎Third year; Scarhead♧︎︎︎

Y/n's POV
______________

In the library Hermione leaves me to wait at the table; a few minutes later she comes back with old newspapers and several books. "Hermey, do you want to tell me why we're here now?" I huff crossing my arms.

"Well, I read somewhere a while back that Sirius Black had or has a daughter." Hermione tells me in a whisper, my eyes widen. I couldn't be his daughter, "I wanted to see if we can find any more information about it," she goes on.

"Yeah...let's do that," I say in a mumble. An hour or so passes and we find nothing about Sirius Black and his mysterious daughter. "Y/n! I think I found something!" Hermione exclaims but still in a whisper. I gap my mouth open and read the newspaper title, along with the article that 'Mione hands me.

'Y/n Black: The girl who lived and Harry Potter: The boy who lived.' and the article below it said. 'We have found resources that tell us there was another child that was with the young Harry Potter the night he defeated You-know-who, Y/n Black.'

The blood in my veins goes cold at the possibility.

"There's no way that could be me, right? I mean there could be thousands of Y/n's." I take a shaky breath, "Right?"

"I don't know N/n... we don't have much to go by here, but everything is-" I cut her off, in a panic, I can't be. Sirius would have come for me; he would have broken out sooner if he had a child. Right? "No... No... that's impossible...my parents... They would have told me if I was adopted... Wouldn't they?"

I have so many questions right now....am I even who I think I am? Or have I been living my whole life a lie? But hey at least if I am adopted that means Jacob isn't my biological brother, hell yeah!!

That would also mean, I have no siblings at all. I don't have a family at all.

Hermione still has a few more classes for the day, so I put up all the books and I take the newspaper with me back to my dorm. I say the passcode to the fat lady portrait and walk through it. "Y/n!" Ron runs up to me, hugging me tightly and Harry following him. I pat his back, "Ron I'm fine, can you let me go?"

"We were worried 'bout you and 'Mione, you two just walked off."

"Oh yeah sorry guys, we went to the library to read some books for a bit." I smile at them hoping they'll believe it. I don't wish to tell them about our hunch until there is more proof.

"Whatever you say N/n," Harry gives me an odd look, definitely not buying it. I smile nervously at him, shit.

" I'm tired so uh I'll see you tomorrow, later ladies." I say jokingly, quickly rushing up the stairs to mine and Hermione's shared dorm. I let out a long sigh and read over the article in the newspaper Hermione found again.

Y/n Black...

Over the next few weeks, I slowly forget about me possibly being Sirius Black's mystery daughter. The thought of him having a daughter at all, doesn't unfortunately. 

Defense against dark arts class easily became my favorite class as well. Professor Lupin is such an amazing teacher, he is my favorite teacher by far, definitely better than our last one. A stupid pixie stole my wand and ripped some of my hair out.

After our classes that day Harry, Ron and I decided to go down to the Black Lake and get some homework done. I rest below a tree doing my homework while the boys played in the lake splashing each other back and forth. Sadly, Hermione was still in class and didn't want to overuse the time turner too much so she informed me I will have to be stuck with Harry and Ron alone.