☾︎Seventh year; Stench of death☽︎

Y/n's POV
____________

No...

No...

"No!" I shout, moving myself out of Harry's grasp. I limp over to where I see my second family all crying and crowded around a body...No...

George rushes up to me and wraps me in an extremely tight hug, his face bright red from crying and his body slightly shaking.

Tears continues to drip down my face and off my cheeks while George helps me get over to my brothers now dead, limp body.

"H..hey Freddie, It's okay...rest east." I cry harder, running my hand through his dirty red locks. Mrs. Mum wraps me in a motherly hug, crying on my shoulder. "He's at ease now Mrs. Mum..." I let out a sob, letting the words fall from my lips. Fred Weasley may have been my adopted brother, but he was also a son, a twin and a true brother to his siblings.

He was the one who came up with the nickname, Weasel.

Nothing with ever be the same again without Fred. Ron helps me up off the ground, his whole body red due to the tears coming from his blue eyes.

I go to turn and see where Harry is, but he was gone, and he hadn't even told me where he was going. That didn't matter right now though, Madam Pomfrey had finally dragged me over to the side and tended to my injuries. I also had removed the pumps that were stuffed in my bra and sent the milk off to Dad using my wand.

"Nothing is broken dear, just a sprained ankle I can go on ahead and patch right up." She did so, I could now put pressure on my foot and be pain free. The wound on my head was also cleaned up, Ron and Hermione had at some point dragged me out of the room.

I don't remember when, Hermione urges me to lay down in her arms as she takes a seat on the stairs. I slowly do so, my body being sore from all the running around I did. Ron and Hermione seem not to be telling me something, they share glances every once in a while, and whisper things I can't hear. I haven't a clue how long I've been laying her for, but it didn't feel long at all.

"Where've you been?" Hermione and Ron both turn around, causing me to sit up and check it out as well. "Harry," I jump up and cling onto him.

"We thought you went to the forest," Ron lets out what seems to be a sigh of relief. "Y/n and I are going there now." Harry states, grabbing my hand and walking down the stairs.

Wait...Why me?

"Are you mad!? No, you can't give yourselves up to him." Ron says, Harry stops before turning towards me. He whispers, "The prophecy." At first, I was confused, until I thought back to the night, I had heard it.

The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. And the Dark Lord shall mark him and his love as his equal, but he and his love shall have power the Dark Lord knows not. For neither can live while the other survives.

Does that mean...? No, it can't be.

Only one of us can live.

"What it is, Y/n." Hermione asks. She must have seen my sunken expression, "What it is you know?" She asks again. "There's a reason I can hear them...The Horcruxes. I think I've known for a while, and I think you have too."