Chapter 5

The days followed in a blur with me remaining in my room, not venturing out unless necessary. Seeing the same four walls was beginning to make me feel stir crazy, but I didn't feel comfortable walking around the house. I wasn't viewed as an alpha here, I'm nothing more than an omega, hell maybe below that. To them, I was nothing but scum, the lowest of the low because of something I hadn't done.

Sighing, I decided to step out onto my small balcony, needing fresh air to clear my mind. Looking down I noticed a few pups playing, chasing after each other, pretending they were shifted werewolves. A smile crept onto my face as I remembered the days where I dreamed of my first shift. Imagining how my wolf would look, how strong I would become, the type of warrior I would be. My wolf was probably the only thing my parents had approved of, my skills in the fighting were lacking until I managed to beat my father in a fight. The memories flashed through my mind, almost like some dramatic movie. Running a hand through my hair, I almost grimaced at the greasy feeling, hating how I allowed myself to become so gross. Taking a step back, I turned towards the bathroom, wanting to free myself of the dirty feeling. But my childhood memories followed me, clouding my senses as I thought over everything.

I could see my mother coming towards me, the scowl seemingly permanent on her face as she yelled at me. My father shaking his head, his weapon in his hand as he took steps towards me. I slowly ran my fingers over the marks, remembering the whip as it sliced through my flesh. Their words bouncing against my eardrums, telling me it's my fault, I didn't try hard enough. Closing my eyes, I felt a single tear trail down my cheek and drip off of my chin. I attempted to calm myself by taking a deep breath, telling myself that I was okay. But the single thought of seeing their faces and what punishment awaits me for my apparent betrayal sent fear slithering through my spine.

Relax, Seph, they aren't here right now. They're at home, they aren't near you.

I tried giving myself small pep talks throughout my shower, attempting to control the panic coursing through my veins. It eventually began melting away, allowing me to breathe for the first time in an hour. My muscles slowly relaxed as the hot water ran over my body, taking my mind off of reality.

Dipping into the depths of the dream world, I drifted off into my safe place. Where I couldn't be bothered by my nightmares, traumas, flaws, none of it. I floated across the land of fantasies, forgetting about everything. For the first time since arriving in this hell hole a week ago, I felt at peace. I know it'll be short-lived, as soon as I open my eyes again I'll be bombarded by the stress of reality.

"Persephone?"

I could hear the muffled voice of Margaret, my eyes snapping open as I finished rinsing the conditioner from my hair. Turning the shower off, I swiftly exit and grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my frame.

"Are you in the bathroom?"

I almost nodded before telling myself that she couldn't see me, "Yeah, I'll be out in a minute. What is it?"

"Oh, Lazarus wants to see you in his office."

"That's unfortunate."

I could see her rolling her eyes at me right now, causing me to grin. The entire week I was here, Margaret and Alexandra had been visiting me every day. It took them a little bit to get me to talk to them, but my walls eventually broke a little. We wouldn't discuss my childhood at all, they learned quickly that I loathed the idea of it. So, instead, they found other subjects to talk to me about, such as my favorite foods, favorite clothing stores, hobbies, and so on. I found it surprising that it took two girls from my enemy pack to make me realize, I had no hobbies. I did nothing for fun because fun didn't exist in my pack.

I made sure my towel was tightly secured around my body before walking out, frowning at Margaret. "Will you stop snooping through my closet? I hid that hoodie from you."

"Damn it, it's the softest thing ever though," she whined.

"That's too bad. So, what does his highness have to talk to me about?"

"You really hate him, huh?"

I gave her a look before letting out a breath, "He doesn't seem like a terrible alpha to his pack. He may take great care of everyone here, but he's basically forcing me to live here."

"Why did you agree?"

"He threatened to kill my parents, what else was I supposed to do?"

She opened her mouth to seemingly argue only to snap it shut, her eyes reflecting her understanding. There was no defending what he did, even if he is a great alpha to his pack. I can understand the pain he's dealing with, he lost his love and child within the same day but to take it out on an innocent person? I can't understand that nor agree with it. I know my parents aren't the best when it comes to enemies, especially my father. They have strict rules for any rogues or other packs stepping onto their territory and they don't discriminate against age. It's sickening that they would punish a harmless child, but nothing I say could change it. If I stepped out of line and argued with my parents on their rules I would be punished and told to remember my place. Despite being their daughter, I wasn't close to the same level as them. I'm below them and I always will be.

Once I was decent I turned towards Margaret, "Wish me luck."

She smiled sadly but didn't say anything as I left my room with her trailing behind me.

A/N: 26 more chapters to go, yay lol