Chapter 33

"Thank you so much, for doing this," Lilly whispered as we followed her through her house.

Alex immediately grinned, "You know we're always here to help you out."

"Is Monroe still sitting in the tree across the yard?"

"Yeah."

Lilly chuckled, her eyes lighting up with amusement, "Was he afraid of scaring my husband?"

"You know he's a decently big guy," Alex joked.

"I still wonder why he's single."

I raised an eyebrow at her, causing her to immediately shake her head. "No, I don't mean it that way."

"Right," I teased, earning the finger from her.

"Honey, you home?" A male suddenly called, poking his head out from the wall.

Almost immediately his eyes widened at the sight of Alex and me, the fear slowly seeping into them. Lilly quickly grabbed the baby and calmed him down, telling him we wouldn't harm him. I could see him swallow roughly before giving us a shaky greeting.

"Nice to meet you, ladies," he mostly squeaked, holding out a very unsteady hand.

Saving him from embarrassment, I quickly shook it and smiled, "I don't believe Lilly gave us your name."

"Ryan," he replied, letting out a nervous laugh.

"You don't have to be afraid of us, we're pretty chill," Alex voiced, patting him on the back.

He frowned, giving us unsure glances before looking at his wife. Taking a deep breath, he nodded, mumbling a right before turning towards their playroom.

"I'm sorry," he apologized softly. "I'm not exactly used to...this whole werewolf thing. Does that mean vampires are real?"

Lilly pursed her lips, "Uh..."

"Sort of.." Alex replied, giving me a look.

I clasped my hands together, "But they aren't the monsters they're made out to be. They typically mind their own business."

"Oh, okay," he gulped. "That's...uh...that's relieving."

Alex nodded, "The ones you want to watch out for are the Faye."

"Like Disney version of Faye?"

"Not really. While the males do have feathered wings for the most part, many of the females have different types of wings. Royalty has the feathered ones too, everyone is convinced they're from fallen angels. Then depending on their talents and where they're born, they could have butterfly like wings, insect like wings, dragon like wings and so on. None have horns like Disney."

Ryan frowned, giving us a very confused look. Biting back a chuckle, I patted him on the shoulder, "There's a lot of creatures and information to take in. We can go into detail about the Faye later."

"Wait...does this mean ghosts are real?" He squeaked.

Glancing at Lilly, I frowned, "We have a lot of work with this one."

"He'll come around," she laughed.

                                                                                                      ~*~*~

Lilly and Alex laughed together while Ryan watched their baby, his body becoming less tense the longer he spent time around us. I quietly watched over them as my wolf continued to howl within my mind, the part of my soul that was intertwined with hers had my anxiety bubbling within my stomach. Glancing out the window I saw nothing to alarm me, the forest was quiet and peaceful as rays of sunlight poured through the cloudy sky. Despite the calmness that stretched out before me, there was still something deep within bothering me. Frowning, I tried finding Monroe in the trees, but I knew it was a futile attempt. He was hiding within the thicker pine trees that lined their yard, successfully hiding him from Ryan's view so he wouldn't have another panic attack. Clasping my hands together, I decided to pull my focus away from whatever was bothering me. I can't figure it out nor do anything about it, there's no use dwelling on it further.