Chapter 27

"Don't touch that."

"But it's a pear."

"No, that's a piece of plastic that looks like a pear."

"I'm biting it."

"Go ahead and break a tooth."

He looked at me for a second before biting it, his eyebrows instantly furrowing as the pain echoed on his face. Letting out a sigh as I nudged him towards the door, I couldn't help but feel like a mother with her child.

"Where we going?" He asked, stumbling off the kitchen chair.

I bit back my laughter as I watched him stumble, his legs barely holding up his weight. After we had gotten home, Thaddeus was called back to the council for a meeting and Alex and Margaret dragged Azrael to his room. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a drunk Alpha who forgot he has plastic pears as a decoration in the kitchen.

Before he could collapse and smack his head on the wall, I quickly caught him. I frowned as a part of his shirt went up, revealing a little bit of his shoulder. My eyes didn't leave the scars that lined it, as if he had cut into them. Clenching my jaw, I helped him up the stairs or technically, carried his drunk ass up the stairs.

"Do you want me to just leave you at your door?" I asked, carefully sliding part of his sleeve down, trying to use it as a hint.

However, his fogged brain didn't register the movement as he mumbled for me to help him to his bed. Wanting to lighten up the mood a bit, I raised an eyebrow.

"Can I trust you?" I asked, half-joking but also half-serious.

He looked at me, his tired eyes for once seeming clear, "Yes."

Opening his door, I fumbled around the wall for his light switch, frowning when I couldn't find anything. He suddenly cleared his throat before sloppily clapping his hands, causing the lights to turn on. I looked up in surprise, feeling slightly foolish now.

"Sorry, should have told ya," he mumbled. "I'm sorry that I grabbed your chest in the bar, by the way. I can't see very well and thought it was your arm."

I frowned as I looked down at him, "Your vision is blurry?"

"Mhm."

As I walked forward he suddenly became heavy, causing me to almost topple over. Looking at him he was staring off into space, his eyes glazed over with drowsiness.

"Uh, Lazarus, I sort of need you to move your legs," I sighed, nudging him a bit.

He blinked a few times as if he wasn't registering what I was saying. Furrowing his eyebrows he suddenly became cute to me, his eyes looking up with confusion and vulnerability that you normally won't see in an Alpha. At least, an Alpha like him who has rumors of how cruel he can be, traveling around.

It's crazy how a month ago I wouldn't have spared him a glance, nor would I speak a word to him. When his pack attacked that day I only felt anger towards them, wanting to destroy everything they had. Which, would be their Alpha, the man who ordered the attack. Seeing how they look up to him and how he cares deeply for everyone, if I had taken his life like I wanted to, they would be lost right now. Staring into those blue eyes had my heart sinking with guilt.

How could I think of something so violent and cruel?

"Come on," I coaxed, helping him to his bed.

He immediately collapsed onto it, curling up into a ball as he pulled his blanket towards his body. I looked around his room, noticing how clean it was.

That's attractive.

"Whoa, slow down there Seph, why are you suddenly finding everything about him attractive? No, no. Bad," I thought silently to myself.

Pursing my lips I began looking around the room for a bathroom, the alcohol finally catching up with my poor bladder.

"Do you have a private bathroom?" I asked, expecting him not to answer.

"Over there," he mumbled, pointing towards the farthest corner where a brown door was.

I nodded, "Ah, I see. Don't try going anywhere."

"Don't tell me what...do."

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I glanced at the partially asleep man, "Yeah, okay. I won't tell you what do."

"Makes no sen."

"Sen? Gods, go to sleep."

"Fine."

I shook my head in amusement before making my way to the bathroom, my bladder aching at this point. I was stunned to see how clean his bathroom was too, it even has a beach theme. At the sound of a loud thump coming from his bedroom, I quickly went about my business. Knowing my luck, he fell out of the bed and I'm going to have to yank him back into the bed.

Alex and Margaret owe me for this.

I swiftly washed my hands and grabbed, shockingly, a paper towel to dry off my hands. I frowned as I realized he didn't have a small hand towel, only paper towels placed nicely onto a stand. I sighed as I threw it out, frowning when I saw several paper towels covered in blood in the garbage can. I stared at it in shock, hoping it wasn't what I thought it was. The scars on his shoulder weren't fresh, they seemed as though he has had them for a while. I doubt the blood was from that, but that stomach-dropping feeling still remained as I slowly turned towards the door.

"Lazarus, can I ask you something?" I voiced, stepping out of the bathroom.

I froze when I saw him struggling to get sweat pants on, his boxers doing nothing to hide his size. Swallowing roughly, I forced myself to look at his stunned face.

"I thought I could get changed..." He mumbled, turning around so I couldn't see anything.

As if seeing his butt wouldn't earn my attention.

"What you wanna know?" He suddenly asked, pulling me from my inappropriate thoughts.

I quietly watched as he stumbled forwards, falling face first onto his bed. He just laid there for a bit before struggling once more to get his pants fully on, still not lifting his head.

"Why were there...you need help?" I asked, getting distracted from my original question once more.

He turned his head and peaked an eye out, "I got it."

"You don't look like you do."

"I'm an....what am I?"

I rolled my eyes, "A guy? Werewolf? Alpha?"

"Right. That. I'm that."

"Okay...anyway, why are there bloody paper towels in your trash can? You're not...."

"Not what?"

He perked up a bit as if the question pushed all of the intoxications from his system. I suddenly felt intimated as he stood, despite his pants being partially up.

"I....well, I was told..."

Why can't I just ask him?

His eyes darkened a bit, his body going tense as he stared at me, "That I cut myself?"

His voice was no longer soft, it was dark and angry. Biting my lip, I slowly nodded, trying to calm myself. I was beginning to wonder if he'd hurt me for asking, his stance becoming defensive as he continued glaring at me.

"Yeah," I whispered.

"Get out."

"What?"

"I can handle myself from here. Get out."

"I just-

"Persephone, please leave before I remove you myself."

I didn't say anything as I quickly slipped out of the room, closing the door behind me.

A/N; Uh oh.