Chapter 10

"Now, what type of dress do you like?" Alex questioned, her eyes holding excitement.

I searched through my memories, trying to remember what style of dress I looked decent in. However, it has been a while since we had gone to anything that required a dress and I wasn't the type to randomly try one on. Pursing my lips I shrugged at her, genuinely ignorant to what I would look great in. She nodded in understanding as a smirk began sliding onto her face. Giving her a weird look I hesitated to follow her as she began dragging me to an unknown store. Margaret simply rolled her eyes as if she already knew what was about to happen, like going dress shopping has released a monster. Seeing the glint in Alex's eyes, I had a feeling I was going to learn to hate dress shopping with her.

"You have a curvy body, so we want to get a dress that compliments that," She voiced as we walked into a store with aisles of dresses.

I scanned the rainbow of fabrics until my eyes landed on the black ones, the amount they had was overwhelming, to say the least. Alexandra was quick to begin picking through them, claiming we needed ones that would make my hips and chest look amazing. I shook my head in amusement and gave Margaret a questioning look in which she shrugged too.

"Just let her go, she'll find like fifty dresses," she responded.

"Would you want strapless?"

I looked up in surprise as she shouted across the store, in her hands was a nice-looking gown with no straps. Frowning, I glanced down at my chest trying to decide whether or not that would be a good idea. Scrunching up my nose at the thought of it accidentally slipping down I quickly shook my head at her. She let out a soft chuckle while giving me a knowing look, pointing at her own well-endowed chest.

"I get it," she called out with a laugh. "One strap?"

"That could work."

"Okay, so either one strap or both straps. I got this."

"You going to help her?"

Margaret shook her head, "I'm not getting myself into that mess. She looked for my prom dress when we were in high school, trust me, it's better to let her work alone."

I was amazed as she seems to grab more than fifty, her eyebrows furrowing as she studied a few of them. I remain silent as I watch her, almost laughing a few times when she would give a dress such a dirty look you would think it would burst into flames. Making a sound of disgust, she instantly slammed the hanger back onto the rack before marching over to where we stood. She grinned as she held up her arms that were filled with multiple gowns.

"Let the show begin," she beamed, shoving me towards the dressing rooms.

The first dress was beautiful, it was long and elegant with one strap. I stared at it, awestruck by the beauty of it as it sparkled underneath the room's light. It flowed out towards the bottom but I could tell it would hug my hips and above. I slipped into it, sucking in a breath when I saw just how much it hugged my body. It definitely made my shape look amazing and the slit that showed my bare leg gave a sexy touch to it. To say I adored how it looked on me would be an understatement, but I didn't want to rush into choosing the first one. I stepped out of the dressing room and out front to show Alex and Margaret, the two of them gaping at me as I walked out.

"Wow," Alex gasped.

Margaret nodded in agreement, "Holy crap."

"I really love this one," I said softly, feeling shy for the first time in forever.

Alex immediately smiled, "Okay, so add that to your top three and once we find the other two, we can choose."

"Okay."

I slipped back into the dressing room and grabbed the second dress, it was nice looking but not as nearly as beautiful as the first. Even so, I still tried it on, grimacing at the appearance. The dress clung to my body but was far too baggy around my breasts. Walking out I immediately knew they agreed with my dislike for the dress, causing me to nod and instantly return to the room.

For the next hour or so it continued in this pattern, some dresses we loved and others were a quick thumbs down. When it comes down to the final three I couldn't decide, they were all gorgeous in their own way and complimented my body nicely. While I'm not trying to attract any males, especially Lazarus, I didn't want to look unattractive. If I am to be the Luna, even if I am a fake one, I need to look beautiful. It was the unspoken rule of werewolves, almost all alphas, female and male, are the most attractive. It's a stupid rule if you ask me, we're all beautiful in our own way. It's as if the human world of social media made the law on how we women should appear. Skinny, but not too skinny, curvy but not too curvy, long hair, perfect eyelashes, perfect eyebrows and lips, a small and cute nose, nice nails, and nice clothes. Show skin but not too much skin, have perfect teeth, no blemishes on our flesh; too many rules to count. It was irritating, to say the least, why can't we look the way we want? Of course, many of us do, at least we're beginning to grow more confident and not care what others think of us. Yet, there's always that pull of low self-esteem, reminding us that we're still not perfect. Making us feel as though we aren't worth our weight in gold despite us being worth everything. Why don't personalities count? Shouldn't it matter that we have good hearts and our looks are just a plus?

Sighing, I finally decided on the first dress, my heart telling me that's the right one. Grabbing it, I showed Alex and Margaret, gaining their approval. Once the other dresses were put back we made our way over to the cashier, talking about the ceremony. Alex and Margaret seemed excited, claiming they never had one for Lazarus' deceased mate. Part of me felt sympathy for him, knowing it must drag your heart in a different way to lose someone you love. In a way I understood him, I had lost someone dear to me that I never mentioned to anyone. If my parents had found out about our relationship then they would have destroyed it, he wasn't what they wanted for me. I knew that but at the time, I didn't care and neither did he. But then he chose someone else, abandoning me to be with her. While he hadn't died, in a way he did to me. He was no longer someone special, despite the ache in my heart that says otherwise.

"Thank you."

Alex's voice dragged me from my thoughts as she handed me the bag, her lips still pulled into a soft smile. I gently took it from her hands, frowning at the dress as I thought over the reason behind buying it. It only confirmed that this was actually happening, I was about to be forever stuck with the idiot.

I guess it's better than him murdering me or my pack, right?

A/N: I don't wanna work tomorrow, can I be a stay at home author yet?