15- Screw Him.

Chapter 15- Screw Him.

 When I woke up, I heard someone snoring. Grayson... Even the thought of him brought tears into my eyes. I didn't feel like facing him, so I ran to the bathroom and got ready to go running. I decided I'd go out of the ordinairy and not use the track anymore. Going around town would be a lot more fun then just an oval.

As I was running back to the school, I saw Grayson walking out of the cafe with a cup of coffee. I turned away quickly, a little to the left, only to see Zane. He was flirting with some girl, hugging her and smiling. He was only three feet away from me, and I approached quietly. This was gonna be fun.

"Zaneeyyy!" I said in a whiney voice.

I tapped his shoulder, fluttering my eyelashes. He opened his mouth and probably said something, but I didn't hear. A stranger just spilled his water on me. "I'm so sorry!" he said, giving me a napkin. After I made no move to take it, he just walked away, muttering. I still haven't moved. I could feel myself shaking, and I was sweating more then I was before.

"Ronnie..?" I heard Zane say.

"Ronnie!" said a more frantic voice.

Grayson? No, he was mad at me! No use. I didn't care. I had a flashback to when I almost drowned. Water enveloped me and I started tearing up, and shivered. I was dying. Help..

I felt someone shaking me. I looked up hazily and saw Zane. "What are you doing?" I croaked.

I was laying on something hard. I looked to my left and right and saw legs and feet. Was I on the ground? I got up groggily and immediately in front of me was Grayson. I reached my arms out for him, but he stepped back, his face going from concerned to blank. I sighed. I mind as well die.

"Ronnie! What's wrong?"

God, Zane will you ever shut up! I didn't realize I spoke out loud until I saw Zane's hurt expression and a flash of amusement on Grayson's. When he caught me looking at him again, Grayson spun on his heel and strided off without another glance.

I started crying again, and got on my feet. Zane grabbed my arm. "Don't touch me." I snapped.

He was the reason my life was ruined. Hot or not, he was a freaking idiot. I dizzily made my way back to school, just as Adrian spotted me.

"Ronniee!" I just looked at him, not having the strength to smile.

Adrian's huge grin slid away from his face after he glanced at my soaked shirt and pants, and back to my pale face. I saw his face turn white. "Who." was all he said, looking irritated.

"Stranger." I answered before I fell into his arms and started to weep.

He rubbed my back, soothing me until I calmed down. I wiped my eyes and asked, "Why are you so excited?"

Adrian got his grin back. "Roller's taking a beach trip! Now, I know you hate water,... but will you please come? You can sit so far awa-"

"I'll come." I interrupted.

"What?" Adrian asked, confused.

I had an are-you-stupid look on my face. Adrian's face legitly glowed, and he crushed me against him. "Yes!"

I laughed and gently untangled myself. "But I'm going as a girl." I told him.

If any guy asked me to take my shirt off... No. Not a chance. Adrian just agreed with an eager nod. "It's this Thursday-Sunday."

Once we made plans to carpool, I told him to bring Ally. I actually liked her, and that's saying something. I hate girls. They are such drama queens! Well.. I guess I am too but.. still.

This whole week, I couldn't bear to look at Grayson. I tried to avoid him as much as possible. On Wednesday, I had a free period and I knew the football team had practice. Free to go in our dorm, where Grayson would usually hang out in free periods, I barged in without even feeling the least nervous. I should have been.

 On Grayson's bed, was the missing quarterback at practice and... Tara, Grayson's supposedly ex-girlfriend. Together. And as far as I could see naked. To make matters worse, they were in the most passionate and heated make out session I have ever witnessed.

That asshole.....