39-Bruises.

Chapter 39- Bruises.

          Scared. Terrified. Trapped. All of these words ran though my head as I sank to the ground, but not before wiping the floor with my hand. I tried to brush all the particles and dirt away before I planted my butt on the ground. "This sucks!" I groaned, staring at the cracked and holey wall opposite of me.

            2 hours later, I was sitting in the same place, looking at the same wall, muttering the same thing. This sucks.

             Bored, I took out my phone and paged through my ringtones and sounds. I put my phone on low volume and listened to the tunes.

            I finished with my ringtones, so I switched onto my sounds. I knew there weren't that many. 12 to be exact, all labeled accordingly. As I paged through them, my brow furrowed. On the bottom of my list were the most recent.

                 Unless I butt-sounded something, I had a new sound I wasn't even aware of. To my agitation, it wasn't even named. I clicked on it, expecting to hear muffled sounds from when I squished my butt around and accidentally recorded it from my phone in my butt pocket. But no. It was an angel's voice. My angel.

"Hey baby, it's Grayson.

You're the love of my life, and the only girl that's made me cry like this.

I know your going to leave, thinking your a danger to me and everyone you love.

I don't know that only from the notepad you fell asleep with, but because your Ronnie Lark, Princess

Caring. So, I decided I was going to let you leave, since you have to do it to realize that you have to

come back to help me survive. Because you going away will just kill me.

I love you, no matter where you are. I'll bail you out of Zane's hellhole. I promise."

                      I leaned my face against the wall, and I broke out in heart broken sobs. I wailed and whimpered, and heard them echo off the walls, just bouncing back to me again.

                     Devestated, I felt like my heart was being broken in two. I wanted Grayson now more than ever. Still sniffling, I wiped away the last of my tears as I heard pounding, uneven footsteps. The guy whose been texting me! With the left limp leg!

                      I could feel my palms sweating as I heard the lock click open from the door I didn't even notice was there before. I half expected Zane to walk in, but instead it was a man with a black ski mask on. He walked towards me and I recoiled as much as I could into the wall. When he was in front of me, he halted and just stared at me. "Hi?" I asked, hating how weak and shaky my voice sounded. Without warning, the man swiped an arm at me, knocking my head into the wall. The whole left side of my face throbbed, and I put a hand to it, fighting the urge to scream in pain.

                       "Don't speak unless spoken to." the man told me gruffly. With that, he limped back out the door, without another word. I let out a slow moan, trying to ease the pain on my left cheek by rubbing my hand over it.

                         Suddenly feeling very tired, I sank my head to the ground, not caring if my hair got dirty, and went to sleep.

                                                         *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

                        I woke up from an aching pain. I felt the sharp jab again and opened my eyes to see the black masked man again, kicking at my abdomen. "Stay awake in my presence!" The man told me with the same gruffness as before. I lowered my eyes while I got up, putting myself into sitting position.

                          I didn't say anything, learning my lesson from last time, and let the silence hang over us. "You better do as I say." the man snarled. I recieved a blow on my shoulder and was left alone again.

                       To tell you the truth, I wasn't scared as much as before. No, I was pissed. Who does this guy think he is, kicking me around like I'm his bitch or something. Next time he comes in here, he's in for a surprise.

                                                                       *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

                           I paced back and forth from one wall to the other and waited for the lock to click open. I heard it only moments later, and I took a deep breath.You can do this. The door swung open and revealed the same man with the mask on, but now he was carrying a big wooden bat.

                         That wasn't supposed to happen. I couldn't go against a freaking bat! Undecided, I looked from left to right as he asked, "Ready for a lesson?" I didn't answer him, to distracted from trying to think of a plan.

                               When I really listened to him and answered was when he wacked my thigh with the bat. Gritting my teeth, my hands flew to my right thigh, clutching it for dear life. "Look at me when I'm talking to you." he told me, apparently not feeling the least bit guilty for smacking an innocent girl with a bat. I glared at him and sent him a fierce mental message, "Watch out, bastard. I can bite."

                              The bat flew in my view again, but this time I felt it connect with my temple. I allowed myself to grunt, and I fell to the ground. I saw stars and my vision refused to clear. I saw a blurry blob step closer to me. "No attitude."

                                He swung the bat, full force onto my stomach, toward my navel. My back arched as I closed my eyes and tried to catch the breath that was knocked out of me.

                                                                         That one's going to leave a bruise.