6-Could I, Would I, Do I?

Chapter 6-Could I, Would I, Do I?

 I slammed myself back into bed and threw the covers over me like a madman. Safely under my blanket, I put my wig on as best as I could. It must have been good enough because when I resurfaced, Grayson didn't look like he just saw his annoying roommate into a girl.

He looked.. concerned! I almost let him talk to me when I realized that HE was the reason why everyone thought I was a freak. I just ignored him completely and grabbed my track clothes and bag. I went through the door not even glancing at the hot guy not even an inch away from me.

 I let the door shut with a satisfying slam and ran my way to the track. I haven't run in ages! I smiled to myself and stepped into the gym lockerroom to changed. I put my hair into a messy ponytail and walked out with my spandex shorts and underarmor. No one would be here in the middle of a school day.

 I took off from the starting line as fast as I could. I needed to forget about everything, and running hard was the perfect way to do that. After 3 times around the track, my adrenaline ran out so I slowed myself to a jog. I felt refreshed and ready to go to class.

As I was walking out of the locker room all showered and boyish, I walked out with a new determined skip in my walk. Right around the corner, I saw Adrian leaning against the wall. I broke into a grin and sprinted over to him.

"ADRIAN! HEY!" I said, happily.

 I threw my arms around him and hugged him tight. Nothing can ruin my good mood now! Adrian grinned at me and hugged me back. We stayed like that a couple minutes more than necessary before I pulled away. I glanced at the clock. Lunch time.

 I hooked my arm into Adrian's and we skipped down the hall. I was so happy and smiley. Until we turned the corner. And saw the same girl that came out of my dorm room before. Making out with.. Grayson.

I stopped short and tried to calm my rapidly beating heart. His hand was up her shirt and they were against some lockers. I averted my gaze while Adrian softly coughed. This was embarassing. I frowned and dragged Adrian towards the cafeteria, not even glancing at the girl and Grayson again.

Even when Grayson started to call me name. Again.  I shook my head and went to go sit at Adrian's table.

"Who WAS that chick?!" Adrian whispered to me. "I'm In Love."

 I laughed and teased, "Hey, I thought I was hot!"

Adrian chuckled and answered, "You are." With seductive eyebrow wagging.

 I laughed and remembered there were people across from us. We coughed and blushed. "

Fruits." we heard as we got up to get lunch. We needed to find another table. We ended up eating in my dorm, and decided to make it a habit. We could be ourselves in there, and Grayson had football practice right after lunch for an hour everyday so we were good.

 Once we were inside with our food, I took my wig off and shook my hair out. It was so good to have it back. Carol packed me some girlish clothes, so I pulled on some skinny jeans and a tanktop.

Feeling comfortable enough to eat food now, I sat down on the bed next to Adrian as he looked me up and down. I punched him on the shoulder with a smirk.

"Can't stay away?" I teased.

He just grinned at me and took a HUGE bite out of his burger. I laughed and ate a strawberry.

 After eating for a while, Adrian said with a full mouth, "So. You like Grayson, right?"

My jaw dropped. It can't be that obvious. Wait. I don't even like him in the first place!

I shook my head vigurously and didn't stop until Adrian said, "Chill, don't unscrew your head or anything." 

I quickly said, "I don't like Grayson Hutser. That's gross! He's the reason why this great place turned into a hellhole for me." Hopefully, that sounded convincing. I thought so, but apparently not Adrian.

He rose an eye brow and stared at me until I broke down in laughter. After I calmed down, I asked, "What made you say that ayway?" 

Adrian looked away and blushed. It was my turn to raise my eyebrows. "Adrian?"

He mumbeled something.

"What? For Godsake just look at me."

He looked at me and said, "Your face when we caught him and that hot girl making out."

I blushed and got up, throwing the takeout tray into the trash. Did I like Grayson? Well, he WAS gorgeous, and seemed like an okay guy.. but he was such a jerk! I shook my head.

"I definitely do NOT like Grayson Hutser."

Adrian snorted at me. My forehead wrinkled and I pouted. Was he making fun of me?

I huffed angrily and said as convincingly as I could, "I don't!"

Adrian just looked at me and said , "Ooooookay."

 I crossed my arms and told him, "I'll make you believe me. Just watch."

Adrian just laughed. I started to feel uncertain. I DID not like Grayson.. right?