30- Earthquake!

Chapter 30- Earthquake!

 "What?!" I bellowed, not caring if my voice echoed through the hallway. Everyone was in class anyway.

"Yeah, It's tonight. That's why we're excused from class, for extra practice. We were just going to get you....." Finn said, calm.

"I only have a few songs written!" I cried, devestated.

"Relax. Finish the rest in an hour then meet us in the auditorium." Hal told me, obviously expecting me to come up with great songs in less that 24 hours.

"Okay." I replied slowly, solutions to this problem spinning through my head. Not wanting to waste anytime, I jogged away with a quick wave to Hal and Finn. "Bring Carson to our room!" I called to Grayson who was trying to catch Carson who was panting down the hallway.

 It's been two hours since my encounter with 5150 Ecstasy, and I managed to write all the songs half decently. I started to get my music mojo going an hour into it, and I didn't even look up when Carson jumped on my bed. I begged Finn and Hal a three hour extension when my hour was up. They agreed reluctantly and headed back to the auditorium.

 Now, finally done, I went into the bathroom where Grayson was giving Carson a bath. Bubbles floated out of the tub, and I popped one with a finger as I stepped onto the tile flooring. With my bare feet, I almost slipped on the floor. Water was everywhere!

"We got a little... carried away." Grayson told me apologetically in a way of explaining the mess.

I laughed and wiped the floor with a towel. I heard a huge splash and saw Carson parading in the tub stark naked. I rolled my eyes fondly. "Is he done?" I asked.

Grayson nodded, handing me a huge towel. "You take him out." Grayson said and walked out.

 Shrugging, I said brightly, "Ready to get out, Carson?"

Carson looked at me with puppy eyes and pleaded, "Can I get out of the tub by myself?"

I looked at him confused. Why would he plead about that? I nodded with a smile and backed away to give him room. "One.. Two.. Three!"

 Carson screamed and hopped out of the tub.

When I say hopped, I mean more like leaped.

 His feet landed on the tile floor, slipping into a split. The whole bathroom shook, and I held on to the mirror which started to shake frighteningly hard. If I just walked in, I would've thought an earthquake hit. I felt bad for thinking something so mean, so I apologized to him silently as I heard crying.

"Owww!" Carson wailed on the ground.

"Uh..... maybe next time you should let me help you." I said weakly.

"What's going on- Oh my God." Grayson said storming in. He laughed and I joined him as I wrapped a towel around Carson.

"You knew he was gonna jump! That's why you told me to get him!." I accused, pouting mockingly.

"Nah, I just got lucky."

I pushed him in the chest jokingly and left the bathroom to let Grayson take care of finding clothes for Carson. Time to give Carol a call.

 "Ronnie, honey? Is that you?" Carol asked, picking up on the second ring.

"Yupp!" I answered, popping my 'P'.

"OH! What's the theme of the dance?" Carol asked immediately.

I laughed. "I'm playing in a band at a school dance. Could you put something together that's gangster.. but cute?" I asked, tacking the end part on the end. No need to look like a goth or anything.