24-I Should Stick To Music Improv.

Chapter 24-I Should Stick To Music Improv.

At lunch, I scanned the cafeteria for Hal and Finn. Towards the right near the window, I saw two boys waving frantically at me.

Grinning, I walked over to their table.

 "Hey guys." I said warmly.

 "Hey!" They said silmutaneously.

 I sat down next to Hal and crossed my arms, leaning back on my chair.

"So tell me everything about this band.."

Finn leaned forward in his chair eagerly. "We're the school band that places at dances and stuff."

 I nodded encouragingly, prodding him to go on.

He got the message and said, "We're called the 5150 Ecstasy, and our practice in about 30 minutes so chop chop!"

30 minutes! It took 20 to get through the lunch line! I sprinted to get my food, shooting a text to Adrian saying I couldn't make it to our lunch date.

After paying for an apple and a slice of pizza, I walked back to the table, aware that Finn and Hal were making moon eyes at each other. I snapped in front of their faces, making them jump back.

They laughed, embarassed, both turning a shade of pink.

I chuckled and asked, "So what do you need me for?"

Finn and Hal looked at me and said at the same time, "Lead singer."

My mouth dropped open. Sing? In front of the whole school? At dances?

 I wanted to reject, but the hopefullness in Hal's eyes and the pleading in Finn's just wouldn't let me. Besides, once they heard how bad a singer I was, they'd kick me out anyway.

 "Sounds good." I said brightly.

 I smiled at them. They didn't return it, instead they looked at each other and back at me.

 "What?" I asked.

 "Uh... We need a song writer too...." Hal told me quietly. I savored his quiet voice because I knew I would miss it later.

"No biggie." I told them, I wasn't planning to stick around after 1st practice.

The guys were ecastatic that I accepted their offer. I guess they got rejected a bunch of times.

Apparently, Finn got the whole auditorium booked for us. Forever. I hopped up onto stage and grabbed the microphone.

 "Twinkle twinkle little starr!" I sang, letting my voice go in and out of pitch. That'd show them I wasn't good enough for this.

Just as I was about to sing the next line, the door opened. Grayson, Adrian, and Mr. Corby  walked in, single file.

My eyes widened. I couldn't embarass myself in front of my boyfriend, best friend, and principal! Okay, I'd be bad at singing next practice. Just as the door swung shut behind Adrian, someone caught it from the outside. I strained to see who it was. It was none other than Zane.

"Get out." I said firmly, pointing to the door.

Zane chuckled and sat down next to a very stiff Grayson.

 Mr. Corby gave me a disapproving stare.

 I lowered my gaze to the floor and muttered "Sorry" into the microphone.

 Finn and Hal seemed used to our little audience. I gave them a questioning glance.

They shrugged and Hal whispered, "They always came. Since.. forever. Zane's pretty new though. So is Grayson. I wonder what brought our star quarterback here."