31-Have A Little Faith.

Chapter 31-Have A Little Faith.

 Beads of sweat broke out on my forehead.

"What's that?" asked a voice. I looked up to see Zane in front of me.

 Before I could blink, he snatched it out of my hand.

His eyes skimmed the letter quickly and snickered. "You got a creep on your hands!"

I frowned, a little disappointed. I had this nagging sensation that it was him.

 "I know. Butt out." I snarled.

He flicked the letter towards me and backed up with a mock surrender gesture.

"Alright, alright. Feisty!"

 I rolled my eyes and turned my back to him, annoyed. I heard him leave and my stiff posture relaxed. I listened to the Evil Angels, and recognized the song.

 Finn pounded it in my memory. It's the signal song that I should be next to the stage! I threaded through the crowd and made my way quickly to the left side of the stage.

 Finn met my eyes with relief. "We thought you forgot."

I snorted. "Please, a little faith?"

Hal grinned and beckoned me over. Once in arms length, he thrust his hand out. I took it, confused.

He pulled back and laughed. "No, silly."

Looking closer, I saw his hand held a thick colorful piece of string. I held it up to the head lights and grinned. It was so cool. Every line of knots had different patterns and colors. I glanced up to Hal and caught him grinning.

 He handed one to Finn and tied one around his own wrist.

 "FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS!" he squealed. It was so.... Hal.

 Laughing, I tied it onto my wrist. It was the best piece of jewlery I owned! Well, besides Grayson's ankle bracelet, I thought with a smile.

Time caught up with me as the Evil Angels struck their last chord. The crowd, mostly the girls, cheered for them.

 As they walked off, we strutted on stage with all the swagger we could muster.

 "You guys ready for a helluva night?!" I yelled into the mic.

 I was met with a huge wave of screams and chanting

I knew I was probably going to get in trouble for using "Derogatory Words", but I pushed it aside for now. It was my time to shine.

Hal broke into a fast drum beat, one he had taken a long time to master. Finn followed, forehead creased with concentration and passion.

Waiting for my cue, I swayed with the beat, but tried not to make it look like female hip swinging.

"You act like your sweet, you make my heart flutter in and out of beat..." I started.

I closed my eyes and let the lyrics take me, causing my voice to go quiet in some places and husky with emotion in others.

 I barely noticed that we started the next song. Instinct took in and the words rolled onto my tongue,

"You think you can mess with my mind, then everything will be alright. Not anymore, I ain't putting up with all this damn heartache.."

 When Hal, Finn and I sat down and organized the order of the songs, it was probably the first time we were on edge with eachother.

 They wanted to have all the slow songs first then full on blast the party songs for the finale, but I thought otherwise.