22-Waking Up Isn't That Hard.

Chapter 22- Waking Up Isn't That Hard.

 My fingers turned numb and my heart flipped. I felt like I was going to throw up. How could Zane hit Grayson with a knife? I scambled onto my feet and closed the distance between me and Grayson. I felt his forehead and his skin was scarily freezing. I heard Ally call 911. Adrian took the knife out, which was probably the worst thing you could do.

I saw Grayson's mouth twitch and my heart went out for him. He got stabbed because of me. When Adrian's shirt was all soaked with blood, we hurried to try to find something else. No one saw a clean bit of fabric in the car, so I opened the trunk and took out my luggage. I found one of my thicker hoodies and handed it to Adrian. He quickly quenched the wound again without a word.

 I sank to my knees and prayed. You can't die with a knife to the stomach.. right? I mean, Grayson was strong! "Grayson?" I whispered pleadingly to his ear. I heard a siren in the background. "Grayson! Baby please wake up!" I got desperate with every single call. "Grayson!" I howled.

I felt someone gently pry me away from his body and I shivered. "It's okay, sweetheart. Take deep breaths." said a gentle voice.

I clenched my eyes shut and shook my head. "No. No no NO!" I wailed.

I knew I was shaking from loss of control. Suddenly, my feet were lifted off the ground. I allowed myself to open my eyes just a little to see that a young man held me. He had cloth over his face, probably from the skunk stink. I didn't care. I clawed at the cloth.

"Why the hell are you taking me away from Grayson?" I demanded.

His grip on me tightened and tucked my arms to the sides. I grunted in frustration and let this devil take me away.

 When I woke up, I heard beeping. I looked to my right and saw a heart moniter thing I saw on only on TVs. I chuckled a little and heard a noise. I glanced to the left and saw Chase. "Chase?" I asked, confused.

Relief flitted across his face as he sighed. "God Ronnie, I thought you weren't going to wake up! Its.. Its been.."

I couldn't believe it. I wanted to shake him. "Speak faster! IHow long has it been?!" I asked, frantic.

"Three hours." Chase replied, with a total pokerface.

I grinned and slapped his head. "Hey!" He protested.

I laughed and was about to yell at him for tricking me when the door opened.  I knew that redish brown hair anywhere. I broke into a toothy smile that could have split my face if it didn't drop so fast. I frowned, seeing Grayson's torso. He was covered in bandages, and a blotch of red was on his stomach, where he was stabbed.

 I got lost in his murky green eyes and was barely aware of Chase slipping out of the room. I ripped the IV out of my arm and reached for him. He smiled and walked to my bed, making the bed squeak from all our weight.

"I'm so sorry." I murmured. 

He stroked my curly hair and reassured me that everything was okay. We talked for a while, coming up with the best way to get Zane back. We were interrupted when a nurse came in. She had a You-Are-So-Gonna-Get-It-For-Ripping-Your-IV-Out look. But then, when she saw us cuddled together, her face softened and just pulled the heart moniter out of our room.

"What happened? Why am I in a hospital bed when you were the one that got stabbed?" I asked, curious.

Grayson shrugged and said vaguely, "I was fine, you weren't."

I almost laughed at that. "You were stabbed with a freaking knife by my kind of ex boyfriend!" I said incredulously.

Grayson shrugged again and replied, "Well, we're both alive, right?"