27-I'd Take A Near-Death Situation Over Talking About Marriage Anyday.

^^^^^ For all the support and motivating comments<333

Chapter 27-I'd Take A Near-Death Situation Over Talking About Marriage Anyday.

  I slapped him weakly. "Thanks, captain obvious."

Grayson chuckled and ruffled my hair. "It's just a perv. They'll stop once they know your protected by a sexy tank." he reassured me, noticeably flexing his arms.

 I looked from left to right confused. "Well? Where is he?" I teased.

He gave me a ha-ha look and suggested, "Let's go on a double date with Adrian and Ally." I looked at him surprised. I didn't know he was close to Adrian.

"When?" I asked.

"In 2 hours." He replied, and with that walked out the door probably to ask Adrian if he was up for double.

Since I took a shower already, I raked through piles of clothes Carol left me in her last visit.

 There were outfits from skank to goody good good. I picked something towards the middle and went for electric green leggings and a long tube top.

 I admired the top's intricate designs towards the bottom. It was black with shiny silver curls decorating it. It amazed me how last year I wouldn't have been caught dead in a dress.

Now, when I think of looking good for Grayson, I don't mind as much. I put on makeup, trying to get my eyes to look smoky.

 Once I was satisfied with my appearance, I texted Grayson. "Ready."

He came into the room not 3 minutes later.

 I flushed as he looked me up and down. "Damn." he said. "I didn't want to get into fights with jealous guys today.." 

I felt my forehead crease as I looked at him confused.

My slow brain put 2 and 2 together. Oh, he's saying I look good.

With another flush I muttered, "Thanks."

He chuckled and changed into a plaid collar shirt and dark washed jeans. Boy does he look fine.

Grayson looked up surprised but then covered it up with, "I know, I know. No need to comment on my gorgeousness." in mock modesty.

 I covered my mouth. Did i just say that out loud? I shrugged it off and went to get the door when Adrian and Ally called on the other side.

 "Let's hit the park then!" Adrian shouted, eyes lighting up enthusiastically.

 The park? I didn't comment and gave Grayson a questioning look. He shrugged with a crooked smile that made me want to melt into the floor. The park it is then.

                                                                    *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

 Half an hour later, we made it to the park. Fireflies were out, landing on my bare arms and making me giggle. I was absorbed in a firefly's lightup butt when Grayson touched my elbow lightly

. I jumped with a yelp.

With laughing eyes, Grayson said, "We're here."

 Confused, I looked up to find a lit stage and gate arches made out of flowers and twine. A table for 4 was in front of the stage.

Finn and Hal were tuning guitars and turning on amps on the stage. I took everything in with wide eyes, drinking it all in.

"So beautiful.." I trailed off.