19-Every Little Thing, Is Gonna Be Alright

Chapter 19-  Every Little Thing, Is Gonna Be Alright

De ja vu.

I woke up again, same position and place as last time. The only thing that was different was that it was night time now. I looked to the side and saw Grayson facing me. I reached out to touch his face when his eyes suddenly opened.

I jerked my hand back quickly and turned the other way. I buried myself in my blanket, just wanting to disappear. "Ronnie?" I heard him ask gently.

"What?" I asked.

 Muffled through the blanket. "Was that true?"

I looked at him wierdly. "Was what true?"

He explained patiently, "What you said when you thought I was asleep."

My eyes widened. He heard all that?! I glanced away, not wanting to answer. "It doesn't matter." I finally answered, still looking at the bathroom door knob. "Your with Tara."

Grayson started to laugh uncontrollably. I rolled my eyes. "Wasn't this the problem last time? That you can't take this crap seriously?" I spat as I stormed out the door. I heard him calling my name, but I just rolled my eyes again. He was seriously wearing my name out.

 "Ronnie!" was the first thing I heard when I opened my dorm door.

I saw Ally tackle me to the ground and we both hit the floor laughing. I hugged her tightly. "Hey." I greeted her.

She just grinned at me and helped me up. Zane looked up from his bed too. His eyes showed confusion, disbelief, relief, then happiness. He threw his headphones off and jumped towards me. He tackled me on the bed and gave me butterfly kisses all over my face. I forced a laugh and pushed him off of me.

After bed with Grayson, I didn't really want to be kissed by another guy. I dont know what it is, but no matter how much I keep telling myself that Grayson and I are over, I just can't wrap my head around it.

 My friends and I went to dinner. All the Roller Academy people were at the beach shack- Sand Paradise. We walked in and was hit with the smell of fish and fries. We all licked our lips and grabbed a table. I ordered a platter of fish sticks and a cup of water. They were the best fish sticks I've ever tasted.

The door bell jingled and everyone looked up to see who it was. It was Grayson, arm in arm with Tara. I rolled my eyes. I was a little hurt, to be honest. I thought we had a kind of a connection at his room... the misunderstanding was cleared just like that! But he bounced back to Tara just as fast, it looks like.

 Our gazes met but we glanced away at the same time. When I was sure he wasn't looking, I looked at him again.  Adrian and Ally caught me looking and shot me sympathetic smiles while Zane just frowned. I looked away, not liking the way Zane was frowning at me. It's not like we were dating..

 As I went to put my tray up, I met Grayson's eyes across the room. My heart fluttered and I could swear I saw his cheeks turn a little pink. Our eye contact broke when Tara pulled his face towards hers for a kiss. I looked away before his lips met hers. I didn't want to see that. I don't think I'm over Grayson.

I made my way back to the table and found only Zane sitting there. Here I go. I sat down. I opened my mouth, ready to tell him, but he didn't have any of it. He started talking first. "So you and Grayson, huh?"

I looked surprised. I nodded, uncertaintly and asked, "Howd you kn-"

Zane cut me off with an exasperated look. "Come on. You guys have been playing eye hockey the whole time." 

I looked at Zane, blushing. "Zane.. I'm sorry. I led you on and I thought I was over him but-" I started.

Apparently, I wasn't allowed to finish one sentence in this conversation. "Forget it." He said flatly and loudly got up and stomped out the door.