Just like on TV but Better

The day of the UA sports festival came almost too quickly. I could hardly contain my excitement. I got dressed in my not-so-normal-anymore clothing. It was the old shirt I wore under my blazer to school and the pair of black plants with it. My goal was to look as plain as possible. I already look pretty plain, but I need to look like a different sort of plain. I asked Shigaraki to disintegrate some stuff for me, and I massaged the dust gently into my hair to give it a greyish-black tint. I know it's nasty, but it's not like I have hair dye lying around. There wasn't really anything I could do about my freckles, but when I looked in the mirror, there was a perfect natural touch I hadn't noticed growing for a while. There were large dark circles around my eyes, and they aren't as big and bright as they used to be. This is perfect. I hardly look myself anymore. No way anyone could possibly recognize me.

I ruffled my messy hair so that it covered one eye, like those grungy teenagers you see on the street wearing hoodies with their belts at their knees. I hastily grabbed my utility belt, my notebook and pen, ticket, and a few other things I might need. 

"Are you ready yet kid? The festival's about to start." I could hear Shiggy calling me from the other room. I prayed that I had everything I needed and trotted over to Kurogiri. 

"Before you go, take this." Kurogiri lightly placed a yellowish stone attached to a chain around my neck. "It is a citrine stone, believed to hold the power of luck and fortune. I do believe you could handle yourself without a precious stone, but it makes me feel better to know you have the universe on your side." He can be a superstitious guy, but I'm not complaining. "Thanks! I'm sure it'll help me a lot." I smiled at him, and his eyes smiled back. All I needed was to know he cares about me.

He opened a portal which led to an area not too far from the UA stadium, but secluded enough that nobody could see. I fumbled with the stone as I walked through, hearing Kurogiri's last words to me before my venture. 

Don't get caught.

I walked around in the plaza out front, seeing a few of my old favorites, such as Kamui Woods, Mt. Lady (who just had her debut, but she's still pretty cool), Vlad King and a few others patrolling the concessions. My admiration for seeing them in person just wasn't the same anymore, I'll admit, but I was excited nonetheless.

After walking around looking at stands for a bit, I remembered my job. I rushed into the stadium to claim a seat just as Present Mic announced the beginning of the UA sports festival.