We Meet Again

After a pit stop to an inn deep on the outskirts of Mos Eisley, Jett and Grogu were all cleaned up. She got him a fresh pack of diapers, and some medication for the serious, serious diaper rash he'd gotten. He was in a happy, bouncy mood.

    Jett flew her ship out over the Jundland Wastes. The coordinates given to her by Obi Wan led to a house, which looked like an abandoned moisture farm. She set the ship down and approached the door with Grogu and Breezy.

    Wow, Obi Wan works really fast! He's got this whole place up and running!

    Me hungry! said Grogu.

    I know, little buddy. You'll get your bottle when we go inside.

    Jett knocked on the door. It took about a minute for Obi Wan to answer. His eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head when he saw the trio at the door.

    Hello there, Obi Wan!

    "Jett? You're alive?"

    Yeah...why wouldn't I be?

    "Come in. Sit down," he said.

    Awesome! Thanks Obi Wan!

    "Please, call me Ben. I'm going by a new name to conceal my identity. I'd recommend you do the same."

    They all sat down around a table and started having a meal. Jett grabbed some water and made a bottle for Grogu. She spent the last of her credits on a canister of powdered milk that wouldn't spoil in the harsh desert conditions. In the past day, she'd proudly taken on her role as Grogu's new caregiver.

    "So this is Grogu," said Obi Wan.

    He saved my life. He's a healer.

    "Oh my. Those are few and far between. With how little Jedi there are left, he's surely the only healer who survived. He'll be sought after for sure." Jett nodded, taking a bite of her food with her free hand. "I sense that something is troubling you, Jett."

    I just...feel really sad about Anakin.

    "Yes...his passing is a real tragedy. Something that will stick with me."

    His passing? Huh?

    Obi Wan narrowed his eyes. "Yes I...killed him on Mustafar."

    "Nah, nah," Jett said, shaking her head. What do you mean, you killed him?

    "Why I...watched him burn in the lava. We dueled. I had the high ground! He fell into the lava and disintegrated!"

    Well he must've crawled out or gotten rescued or something! Because I just fought him back at the Jedi Temple!

    "No! No! This can't be true!"

    I don't know what else to say. When I was at the Temple there was a bad guy in a fancy suit. It was Anakin. I could feel it, undoubtedly. The guy was a Sith Lord with a red lightsaber. He said his name was 'Darth Vader.'

    "Darth Vader?"

    Yeah. And Sha Koon was there too. She lured him into a trap to try and take him out, but the battle seemed like it was over in seconds. After he slashed me, I ran and Grogu healed me. We got out of there just in time, because Vader was coming back for me.

    "I just...I cannot believe this. I thought for sure he was dead."

    Do you not believe me?

    "I can sense that you're being truthful. I just need some time to meditate. Make yourselves at home for the night, but I have to ask you to leave in the morning."

    What? We can't stay?

    "Even out here, it's far too dangerous to have three Jedi under one roof. I feel as though you and Grogu will find your own path."

    Obi Wan left the house to walk the dunes and meditate, trying his best to come to grips with what happened to Anakin. If he was alive, was he still the chosen one? Or was it baby Luke? Even if it was Luke, would he be able to defeat Vader when the time came?

    Back at the house, Jett put Grogu down for a nap. She looked out the window at the sand dunes and sighed. What would she do now? She clapped for Breezy, who wheeled herself over.

    "We're out of credits and almost out of fuel."

    "Brr brr."

    "We're going to my hometown of Mos Espa. My family should still be there."

    "Bu-urr?"

    "We'll go as far as we can. We'll have to walk the rest of the way."

    Breezy beeped in response.

    Jett spent the rest of the night meditating, playing with Grogu, and helping Obi Wan prepare dinner. After that, it was time to rest.

    In the morning, after breakfast, Obi Wan helped Jett load up her ship. He gave her as much food and water as he could, and the few spare credits he had. It wouldn't be enough for fuel, but could get them food or water if they needed it.

    I guess this is goodbye for now, Jett said, climbing up into her ship.

    "For now, yes. But maybe someday we'll meet again."

    May the force be with you, Ben Kenobi.

    "And with you too, Silent Jedi. Always."

    Jett closed the cockpit and the trio was off. As she flew, she thought about her family. What if they weren't there anymore, and no one could help her? Even if her family's shop was there, would they even take her and Grogu in? Would they even remember her?

    Jett! Jett! said Grogu from the back seat.

    Yes? What is it, buddy?

    Me thirsty.

    Okay. I'll get some water.

    Jett got up and poured some water from her canteen into his bottle. She propped it up and helped him drink. His motor skills were getting better, but he wasn't quite towards feeding himself yet. He let out a little burp when he was finished. He was so. Stinking. Cute.

    Thankies. Momma, said Grogu.

    No, no, Grogu. I'm not your Momma.

    Yes! You feed me. Change me. Take care of me. Save me from the Temple...you're Momma!

    Jett went back to her seat and tried to compose herself. She'd always loved kids and really wanted to have her own, but it was against the Jedi Code. No one would ever dare to break the Code. There were always rumors floating around of Jedi having secret lovers, but having children against the Code? No way. Not even possible.

    Momma! Momma! Down! Down! said Grogu.

    Jett gasped, taking a hold of the wheel. The ship was already out of fuel. She pulled up and got it into a steady glide. The glide lasted for about half a kilometer, and that was it. Jett brought out the landing gear and went for a soft descent into the sand.

    It looks like this is it, Grogu. It's time for us to walk.

    Jett had a quick snack inside her cool ship before going out into the harshness of the Dune Sea. She took a backpack, a suitcase, and used a spare blanket as a wrap to carry Grogu. He fell asleep as soon as she placed him in it. It always comforted him when someone held him close.

    Everything just felt so heavy. How was she going to get across the desert like this? They had so many kilometers left to go.

    Jett looked up when she heard a rumbling noise. It was a big, Jawa sandcrawler heading straight for her. This would be perfect. She could make a trade and hopefully find a better carrier for Grogu. But there was one problem: other than Deetz, she'd never dealt with Jawas before.